Smoked Shrimp anyone?

crap rangoon?
I can fortunately say, I've never had the crap rangoon :shock: :shock: crab rangoon filling is philly and just enough fake crab they can still call it crab rangoon. Might be some other stuff in them as well, I don't make them, just eat them when they come with the Hunan Beef.

BrooklynQ said:
so xczar - how'd they turn out?

After hearing the horror stories from the cooks here of shrimp turning to katz ass` before one`s own eyes, I figure I`ll do a single shrimp test as I loaded the smoker up at 9am. I wedged the one shrimp vertically between the rails of the lowest grid with a tooth pick going thru it to keep it from curling. Cooked it for 25 mins with lots of smoke (around 240º down there) and it looked done. Honestly, it was`nt bad. I did understand the drying out thing. I do believe the injection helped keep it moist. If I had the room in the smoker I would have done a grid of them but only for 15-20 minutes. But as it was there was pork dripping coming down most of the smoker and only a small corner was out of the way. Needless to say I grilled the rest. Of course they were good as everyone`s had grilled shrimp, but I was in quest of something different.

Good test!

I think the issue I had was the LONG cooktime you'd first indicated. Drying out was the big issue. 20 minutes or so with the size shrimp you had looks like a winner. :D

kcquer said:
crap rangoon?
I can fortunately say, I've never had the crap rangoon :shock: :shock: crab rangoon filling is philly and just enough fake crab they can still call it crab rangoon. Might be some other stuff in them as well, I don't make them, just eat them when they come with the Hunan Beef.

OK, ok, ya don't have to start a snot storm. :oops: Sheeech.

Back