8/21 Late Night Smoking Thread

Shiz-Nit

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Anyone out there cooking or smoking?

I thought it may help pass time by with a thread on our progress or small chat.

I've got half a pork shoulder, butt end, on the UDS. It's at 151F and has been for the last three hours . . . which is good. I started it at about 4PM

I just started a brisket (at 10PM) on the PDS (Pretty Drum Smoker, also known as, the large WSM) and . . . because I made a rather large mistake with my Stoker . . . I now know how low it (the WSM) can go! Without the draft assist with only the top vents open . . . it will hold 134F for an hour and a half. Silly me.

Once I associated the pit temp probe to the blower (and set the target at 220F) it slowly climbed to the target range and has been there for the last hour and a half.

I love this setup! Now I can go get some sleep! :)

Wish i was smoking something tonight instead of working. Just planning my next big smoke, which will be at the lake on labor day weekend for about 30 people.Think ill do pulled pork sammies with coleslaw. So what are you smokin?

I am doing 2 catering gig's that consist of combined;
Brisket, Pulled Pork, Slow Smoked Beans, Slaw, Cast Skillet Corn Bread, Grilled Tater Salad, Sliced Garden Maters.

I JUST NOW :clap2: put 13 pounds of pulled pork in the fridge. I started it at 9:30 a.m. in my Baby Bullet mini-uds. Foiled the butts at 165º and jacked the temp up to 350º. Pulled the out at 00:30 and put them in the towels for an hour. Fall apart tender, juicy and killer bark.... it's gong to be a good day.:laugh:

Did a beer butt chicken for dinner, have a 7 lb pork shoulder on now. Had a couple temp issues (pit dropped to 193 at one point) passed out for a couple hours. It is back up and rolling now at about 260 butt is at 183. Looking forward to trying out the Oakridge comp rub on the butt. I used the secret weapon on the chicken and it was excellent. Bout to catch a couple hours before the little one wakes up.

I JUST NOW :clap2: put 13 pounds of pulled pork in the fridge. I started it at 9:30 a.m. in my Baby Bullet mini-uds. Foiled the butts at 165º and jacked the temp up to 350º. Pulled the out at 00:30 and put them in the towels for an hour. Fall apart tender, juicy and killer bark.... it's gong to be a good day.:laugh:

sounds great and congrats to yea on the cook

These the same ones you showed in your other thread, cant wait for the final pron on that!

Ok i need to get off this forum, im stuck at work and you guys are making me hungry!!

I just got up, got a chimney of Stubb's charcoal getting heated up and the SNP loaded with a pile of unlit Stubb's ready to heat up. Making a 5# chuckie for my wife's family.

I didn't even go to bed, I slept in my chair because while it is comfy, it isn't bed and I didn't go in too deep and miss the time to wake up and cook.

Got 2 butts and a brisket flat going since 11:15PM. Just woke up after a couple hours nap...brisket is close to pulling/foiling; butts are close as we'll....159 and 162 degrees respectively. Getting ready to pull and foil everything, then maybe catch another wink.

All night smokes are tiring, but I feel a certain sense of accomplishment knowing when the sun comes up, I've already got a lot of food going and almost ready!

Bruce

Back