Where's the meat

Jorge

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Started thinking it might be worthwhile to start a thread on where we get our meat. If there is enough input it might be worth it to add to the Roadmap at the top of the forum.

I'll start with a post about Dallas and one for Austin. If anybody has other sources they would like to add feel free to PM me and I'll add the info to te relevant post. That should help keep it clean and easy to pick out the useful info.

If any of you folks are military or retired military near an installation, you can't beat the prices at the commisary. And I have found the quality to be excellant as well.

Not sure if this was the intent of the thread, but sometimes those who can access the commisary forget about it, especially if it's not too local. I drive 90 miles to the one I go to (Grand Forks AFB), and the money I save is worth it. Of course I do other business and usally don't make it a special trip, but if you need to stock up for a family reunion or an event, it is worth the drive, especially if you need to buy meat.

For big cooks, I hit either Costco or Food 4 Less here in Los Angeles. I know Mista has a few spots that are much cheaper in cost than I hit. I usually just get lucky at the grocery store. Otherwise the WIFE does the shopping.

For those in the Atlanta area, I occasionally buy my meats from the commisary at Ft. Gillem, but I most often shop at Patak Meats in Powdersprings. They are a full service butcher and smokehouse, and the selection and prices are amazing. This is one of the few places that has slab bacon in several styles, that can be sliced as thick or thin as you want. Also, all meat is fresh; however, you can only buy smoked products on Mondays as this is when they get their shipments. They only take cash or check, and I would insure that my check would clear as I would not be suprised if this place had ties with the Russian Mob (Big guys with funny accents, and no sense of humor)!! Oh, I almost forgot the women... Blond hair, blue eyes, big...
http://www.patakmeats.com/
Noah

Back