Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Hobe Sound Bar-B-Que Festival - Hobe Sound, FL - July 9th/10th

W

WhiskeyBentBBQ

First year FBA event. The buzz is that the venue is going to be great and the contest organizers are planning for a good turnout. We will be there. Who else plans on making it?

I won't make it this year but I know Can2BBQ will be there. Enjoy it and I will see you at the Fun Cook if you're going.

We will definitely be at the Fun Cook. I sent in the application a week ago. We will look for you there.

Planning on it Chad.
Rumor on the street is that there are calls being made to the gov's mansion about this one.

We're actually thinking about this one. Any chance I can get to be outside is 100% humidity and 98 degrees I may have to take it.

Rub - Glad to hear that the Governor may be putting his stamp on this one. Let us know if you need us to call our contact up there. I thought you were going to be in Shannon, IL that weekend? If that isn't the case, we have to adjust our handicapping lines before we open them to the public. :p

Dan - You guys need to come on down for this one. You missed all the heat and fun at Palm Beach Gardens. It isn't a BBQ year without one or two 95+ degree contests completed!

Damn, glad you got me cleared up on that Chad! You're right, I'm up north that weekend. Good luck to you!

BTW, it was your guy who was working on the guv. :becky:

I'm gonna judge this one instead of cooking it. I guess we gotta judge at least once a year to keep judge creds, so this is going to be my once.

However, after the sweat-fest in Elba last weekend I can only hope that they're going to use some nice air conditioned building rather than a tent setup. My hat's off to those judges last weekend, they really paid their dues.

Russ
Second Star BBQ

In the everglades fishing that weekend from NY. Might try to drive over one morning and visit. Are yankees welcome???

Rub - Any good handicapper knows the competitor's schedule and capabilities better than the competitor. :p Best of luck in Shannon that weekend.

Russ - If I was a judge, I think that I would have to know AC was provided before I signed up at this time of year. If there isn't any, feel free to drop by our camp afterwards. We will have the misting hoses going to fend off the heat.

You're On! I'll even bring the beer! I'll want something a bit more tasty than water after that.

Yak, it's not geography, it's BBQ. So it's all good!

Russ

Russ - Sounds good to me. We never turn down anyone with beer from coming in our camp.

Yak - You are definitely welcome especially if you bring us some snook or redfish to throw on the smoker. :-D We traveled up to Rochester, NY over Memorial Day for the Roc City Ribfest KCBS event and everyone was very welcoming so the least we can do is return the favor.

hmmmm may need to light a fire and go check this one out???? it sure is hot out..You should see Cracker there!!!

Governors Proclamation???

For those that haven't had the chance to see what a mess the oil is in the Gulf, I'll sum it up for you. While on family vacation with Chuck (Charlie Crist) we got the call to respond. As his Sr. Advisor, I had to accompany him on this trip and didn't think twice.

They were saying that all of the grease/oil/ash/swill beer/profanity that was dumped on the ground from the last four Mulberry comps compromised the Gulfberry Ridge causing a shift that was seismically unrecognizable. In a 1 in 10,000,000 chance, it caused the pipe to break.

My friends, I can get a Governors Proclamation or I can give you oysters from Apalachicola at your favorite back alley dive bar. I can make this a Jack Qualifier or I can erase the vision of greasy birds that typically aggravate beachgoers from your long term memory. I can give you a shot at a World BBQ Championship or single handedly restore the entire gulf region. The governor and I can do that...in about 4-6 months...we are that good. However, I cannot give you both...the governor and I wish we could, but with our current workload it would be impossible.

Personally, with mermaids currently being endangered in Weeki Wachee, we are operating on a short time line. So I ask, what is more important:

* Jack Qualifier or never tasting pelican soup?
* Jack Qualifier or an over population of the mer-man?
* Jack Qualifier or a less tan Governor?

Please, call or text me @ 863-221-8144 and tell me what you think.

Sincerely,
JMV
Sr. Gubernatorial Advisor

Lol, gotta love it when Joel and the Guv are hangin' and bangin.
:laugh: :clap2: :blabla: :clap: :becky:

Jimmy - Look forward to seeing you out there. You are right tho, I am sure it will be unbearably hot.

Joel - Just get the proclamation signed. The Gulf is going to take years. Inserting Hobe Sound and some event dates into a form letter and rubber stamping it shouldn't be more than 5 minutes at the most. You and Chuck are both talented enough to multitask. I have faith!

We are needing more participants at this one guys. I looks like the proclamation is going to come through. No guarantees but our guy in the Governor's office says it is highly likely.

Who doesn't want the 95 degree heat and 90% humidity of this one. I heard this will be one of the most well supported 1st year events we have had in the FBA. Let's get out and support it.

Team East Coast Lumber will be there, As you know this is closer to our backyard than PBG was so we would really like to see some support on this one. The Venue will be great and they have advertised the heck out of it so come on down...Hobe sound is the gateway to Jupiter Island and there has been no expense spared.......

The List for this Comp is growing and they only need a few more teams to make this a JD Qualifier.

Back