• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

King Canopies any good?

Southern Home Boy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
For those of you who use canopies other than E-Z ups, are the King Canopies any good? I'm looking at picking up a 10'X20' but want to make sure it will hold up for at least a couple of seasons.

Anyone have any reviews they're willing to share?

We just got one of those this year, used it once so far with no problems. I would compare the quaility to the EZUP "commercial"grade of canopys, but not as heavy duty as their Eclipse 2. The extra height on the side walls is nice on the king canopy. Build quality seems good, only time will tell. Tie enough weights to it and it should hold up just fine.

I have a 10x10 that I purchased from Costco last year...I've used it a dozen times already in high winds and rain without any problems. :cool:

We have not had the best of luck with the EZ UPs or the King Canopies. We just tossed a 10 x 20 King after 5 comps. We went the route of the portable carport with the thick tarp covering. The price was a little but only takes 30 minutes to assemble and disassemble. It is will worth it to us.

We have not had the best of luck with the EZ UPs or the King Canopies. We just tossed a 10 x 20 King after 5 comps. We went the route of the portable carport with the thick tarp covering. The price was a little but only takes 30 minutes to assemble and disassemble. It is will worth it to us.
That's the one I just picked up. 10X20 with 2" steel tubing and silver tarp with the ball straps to hold it on. Thing weighs like 85 lbs.

Found it on CL for $90.00. Was able to get 'em down to $80.00.:bow:

Home Boy - we've used this 10x20 numerous times without problems. I like it because it's versatile, roomy and pretty decent construction. Space for your kitchen and coolers plus enough room to set up sleeping area, etc. You can put up as many walls as you need, or none if the weather stays nice. And it sounds like you got a great deal.
picture.php

We wrap all the poles in tarps and secure them with bungees for transportation - the box is long gone - the joints, feet and ties go in small storage container and the canopies roll up into a large one. Set up with 2-3 guys if necessary. I think you'll like it (if it's in good condition).

I have the EZ-up from COSTCO, the thing has been seen four years of competitions, been blown into Grand Lake OK twice, been blown 100 yards attached to another lesser brand which was destroyed.... why would I choose anything else?

Back