BBQ Brethren Throwdown - "Lamb"

I like mine medium, which is what these were.

Hey Chris. Sure does look a tad shy of medium to me! I'd gobble them up in a heartbeat though no matter what you call them :)

Been under the weather, but think I am coming around. Supposed to be a bigtime warmup. Tomorrow 60s, weekend 70s. I think I might have to cook me some lamb and get in on the fun. My goal being to get more that the 1 vote I got on my pizza. LOL.

The entries look really good so far!
Beers.
Chris

Hey Chris. Sure does look a tad shy of medium to me! I'd gobble them up in a heartbeat though no matter what you call them :)
:roll: Sheesh! :lol::biggrin: They were medium, you just gotta trust me on this one!:lol:

Maybe we'll just call them middle? Will that work for everyone?:lol:

I obviously need a better camera or some photography lessons.:lol:

Speaking of lamb... it is one of my very favorite meats!

I like to make these on a regular basis, but won't get a chance this week for the throwdown. I thought I would still share the recipe.

I usually serve these with Tzatziki-Sauce made with Greek yogurt.

Koobideh

Ingredients: (4 servings)
* Ground lamb or beef, 1lb. – I mix half beef and half lamb for those who don’t care for lamb.
* Large onions, two (grated)
* Garlic, one clove (crushed)
* Large egg, one (beaten)
* Medium tomatoes, four
* Salt
* Black pepper
* Turmeric, one teaspoon (optional) - I use Saffron instead of turmeric.

Directions:
Mix meat, onions, garlic, egg, salt, pepper and saffron/turmeric well and leave in the refrigerator overnight (or for several hours).

Press the meat around long, thick metal skewers and shape evenly. Thread whole tomatoes on another skewer. Barbeque each side for about five minutes, turning frequently. (If skewers are not available or barbequing is not possible, koobideh can be shaped into long, thin portions on aluminum foil and grilled at high temperature in the oven. The oven should be pre-heated and koobideh should be placed as high as possible near the source of the heat. Again, turn a few times.)

I've never done them in the oven, just on the grill.

jerk lamb chops

i had to cook down at vinny's tonight, so i marinated some lamb chops in jerk seasoning from the west indies and olive oil and put them on after the dinner rush.

everyone loved them and they will be on the menu now! :biggrin:

jerklambchops-003.jpg

jerklambchops-007.jpg

jerklambchops-008.jpg

jerklambchops-009.jpg

yum!

use pic three, i think. no, yes, 3

Allright! Fantastic entry Rick.:wink: I was starting to worry about this Throwdown and was just about to bump it when your post came in.:biggrin:

Mine entry

Did some lamb lolipops the Friday for afternoon snacks. My 13 year old girls love these things. Turned out pretty not to bad. Some issues with focus this time, but I could not go back and take new pix cuz the lamb was gone :-(

My favorites are the first two, but my entry will be the last image.

It's a good day to cook lamb today for anyone thinking about it!!
Happy weekend.
Chris

Lamb6.jpg

Lamb5.jpg

Lamb3.jpg

Lamb1.jpg

Chris, great looking lolipops! please share your cooking method as I plan on cooking some this week. Thanks!

Chris, great looking lolipops! please share your cooking method as I plan on cooking some this week. Thanks!

Thanks! And sure. Just happens I did a little ditty on the website a few years ago. Pretty much do them the same way, but I trim more fat off these days....mainly to prevent flareups. Also pack the Redeye Express on a little heavier. Cook em like a steak!

http://www.dizzypigbbq.com/recipesLambChops.html

i can't take it! i have to have more lamb! one chop last night just wasn't enough!

i'm headed to the market.
i missed it... can i enter twice?

jerk rack of lamb

if i can't enter twice, delete the first one and use this one :biggrin:

frenched rack of american lamb with jerk seasoning from the west indies

jerkracklamb-011.jpg

jerkracklamb-013.jpg

jerkracklamb-034.jpg

too rare? toss em back on for one minute

jerkracklamb-041.jpg

:biggrin:

Rick, you and Natureboy are killing me! I set out a spring rack to thaw Friday and it has poured rain for two straight day's. I had to much other stuff to do. But, if it don't rain tomorrow, there on the grill for dinner. I don't think I will enter though after seeing all the great entries.The wife loves lamb...:icon_devil

Hey, we all still have another day!! LOL. More lamb!
Nice work, Mr. Arteest.

Wayne we have 24 hours as per the header rules....9 pm central 9/8 so yep Chris one more day, we will be entering with tomorrows dinner as we just rolled in from Minneapolis. Stiff competition so far though.....Im just lucky I get to eat the results regardless of the throwdown!

Back