• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Chef Paul Kirk Cooking School

Kernscookin

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I bought a Lang Cooker a couple of years ago from Ben Lang. Now I get these news letters from him. Two or three times a year they advertise a Cooking School with Chef Paul Kirk. Has anyone ever been to one of these? On the advertisement it says that the class is one day from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. They say seats are limited. I don't want to sit in a seat and watch, I want to participate. Just wondering if anyone has been to this class.

Im interested in the cooking school as well. I think it is a small "class" of people and would think you would be participating.

Is this advertised as a cooking school? Or does it say "School of Pitmasters"?

I took his class a few years ago. I don't regret it. If its the same version of the class that I took you will construct your own rub, trim meat, and cook it.

If its the same class I would say thatvits worth it to spend the day picking the brain of a BBQ legend and listening to all of his stories. If you are wanting the most up to date competition techniques this is not the class.

Been a couple years ago for me, but the Baron is one of the Old Masters and a piece of BBQ history. Not really a "competition" class, but if you didn't come out a better cook than when you went in, it would be real surprise.

I have taken that class and I think it was great. This is a hands on class. Not exactly for the unexperienced. Your seat time is minimal. BTW we cooked on a Lang.

Before Myron Mixon was the top dog... there was Paul Kirk.
Paul won the American Royal and The Jack during the early 1980's.

Took his class last April in Chambersburg, PA - and was well worth it. Hands on and all the questions answered.
Bought his books years before on Championship Barbeque Sauces and Championship Barbeque... are now well worn, dog-eared and tagged - and were with me when he autographed them.

Paul and I ... in front of my Lang at his class.
IMAG0733.jpg

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130142

Who says Myron is the top dog now?? Besides a TV show that benefits from his profile.

The Baron is a REAL chef. He can cook anything.

Myron is definitely a top dog in MBN. Forget the TV show, the man has won numerous Grands and Worlds.

Back