Who has a grill cart?

Big dawg

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm planning to build a grill cart I need something so I could roll up to my kettle to give me some prep room and hang some accessories and probably use it as a wine table also. If someone has something like this please post a pic. Need some ideas

thecart.jpg

Thanks! Yeah, it took a few weekends but I started with getting an idea for the size I wanted then just slowly piecing it together. Didn't really take much in the way of tools, used a miter saw, drill, jig saw, palm sander and thats about it. The only advice I'd give on building it again would be to go to some place like harbor frieght and get some big knobby pneumatic tires, the small wheels aren't friends with the cracks in the driveway :D

Thanks! Yeah, it took a few weekends but I started with getting an idea for the size I wanted then just slowly piecing it together. Didn't really take much in the way of tools, used a miter saw, drill, jig saw, palm sander and thats about it. The only advice I'd give on building it again would be to go to some place like harbor frieght and get some big knobby pneumatic tires, the small wheels aren't friends with the cracks in the driveway :D

Way cool, bro. A rolling battle station. What's the high-tech control panel in the top left corner?

I built a temporary " egg crate" for my BGE out of 2x4's using a drill, and a handsaw.
IMAG0993.jpg

IMAG0995.jpg

The pics are from when I just finished it and since then I have added the essentials i.e. a paper towel roll holder, a bottle opener, and hooks for tools. I added a row of hooks along the back top rail (hinge side) that holds all kinds of things - mapp torch, small bellows, ash tool, bbq glove, etc. There is space to keep a few chinks of wood, fire starters and other odds and ends in a not very organized manner, but at least they are close at hand.

Since then I have thought about building another rolling crate, whcih could be rolled up to any one of my cookers, with a works surface on top and storage on a second shelf (since the egg wouldn't be in it). I find this really functional, better than the nest sold by BGE, since it doesn't have the potential to tip over (besides having some storage space. The footprint is about 2'x2'.

I'm on the lookout for a HD Restaurant type cart for my patio.
A local Restaurant Supply Co. sometimes has them on sale...
Looking at Estate Sales, no luck so far.
Going to go back to Restaurant Supply.

Last edited:
I have been researching info on building one for my WSM for a while now and likely will this Summer so I will be watching this thread very carefully. Big rubber wheel idea seems very good.

I'll shoot a PM to Fatback Joe, as he is always talking about wanting to show me his new cart.

From his description, it sounds pretty neat!

Maybe we can get him to post pics so we can make our own.

I want one!

I don't have any pics that won't get me banned. :shock:

I built a table for my akorn but during the week I fire up my kettle at least two to three times and I save my akorn for the weekend. So a smaller cart style table I think will work but I'm getting some awesome ideas with pictures keep them coming:)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358967634.060154.jpg

Back