Wind Blocker For Chaffing Pans

thunter

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Has anyone built or bought wind blockers for chaffing pans? It's a real pain when the chaffing fuel candles get blown out on windy days. What do you all do?

If I am catering at an outdoor event that is windy, I will sometimes wrap foil around the bases to block the wind.

Try looking up tobycompany.com, I think that is where I bought mine.

Last edited:
I wrap saran wrap around mine anytime I am outside. You would rather have them wrapped, as opposed to wrapping them in the middle of serving.
Most folks don't even notice it (i.e. does not look tacky)

There are some really nice wind-blocking chafing dishes out there though.

Let us know what you get. I have not made that purchase yet, but may in the future.

I do tailgate parties outdoors into January, and I HATE sternos! I gave up with them and spent the last year using electric chafers and I will never go back. I put a quiet honda generator under the table and plug them in and they work great even though they say they are for indoor use. Amazon has them under 100 a piece. There is a 450 watt version that fits shallow full size pans, and there is a 900 watt version that fits deep pans. In really cold weather the 900 watt works like a champ. The only issue I run into is using half size disposable trays as they tend to buckle.

Go to amazon and google winco electric chafer and winware electric chafer.

I am going to make a decorative metal wind guard that will wrap around a bank of four of them with some graphics to polish up the look.

I do tailgate parties outdoors into January, and I HATE sternos! I gave up with them and spent the last year using electric chafers and I will never go back. I put a quiet honda generator under the table and plug them in and they work great even though they say they are for indoor use. Amazon has them under 100 a piece. There is a 450 watt version that fits shallow full size pans, and there is a 900 watt version that fits deep pans. In really cold weather the 900 watt works like a champ. The only issue I run into is using half size disposable trays as they tend to buckle.

Go to amazon and google winco electric chafer and winware electric chafer.

I am going to make a decorative metal wind guard that will wrap around a bank of four of them with some graphics to polish up the look.

Awesome! This sounds like a plan! :thumb: Thanks!

Look up Wrap N Guard, they are awesome. That is what we use. They look great, and fold flat. Not cheap, but a top quality product.

Pete

^^^^^^^
wrap n guard can't be beat. Started using them this year. Love 'em!

Back