Dillo Dust rub puzzle

Grumpy's Q

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Got a puzzle here I need help with. My friend received a bottle of Dillo Dust dry rub from a friend of his. There is gun dealer north of Austin by the name of Larue tactical. Apparently if you purchase a gun or gear or ??? they throw in a bottle of this dry rub. He called Larue tactical and asked if they sold just the rub. The guy told him the only way to get it was if you purchased something. So my question is does anyone know if this is some other brand Larue puts their label on? It smells somewhat like blues hog just not as dark. Anybody have a clue as to where to find this by Dillo Dust or another name? Trying to a brother out.

I'm getting ready to put a order in. It's yours, to keep or give away if you like.

I don't use it my buddy likes it. I pass it on if you don't want it. Some how I knew i would here from you! Ha. Thanks Jorge!

Now that I am getting into BBQ, I am missing all the bottles of Dillo Dust I have given away over the years

That's funny, I was thinking the same thing. Has anyone purchased a gun they really didn't want just to get the rub? Haha.

LaRues sells alots of gun parts and accessories too (that are not made by them, and can be purchased anywhere) I have bought parts from them rather than other places mostly to support the company (the owner, Mark LaRue is a great guy and does alot for the gun community and charities). The free Dillo Dust and Dillo Beer Bottle opener don't hurt either!

P1011962.JPG

Rubbed down a rack of ribs with the last of ours today. Love Dillo dust! We will have to order something else to get some more... We also just want to try and duplicate it ourselves. =)

According to Google, it's Lawry's Seasoning Salt + sugar. Here is another.
3 tsp Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Red pepper
1/4 tsp celery seed
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Cumin

Back