What is your go to wing rub and sauce?

Wow these are good wing recipes. Awesome!

Akorn char grilled and Weber one touch gold 22.5

Only slightly salt the wings prior to grilling. Putting other rubs and spices will cause them to burn a little. Cook at 350-400 and turn regularly. For sauce, I like buffalo wild wings spicy garlic so there are plently of recipes online for that or you can just buy a bottle of it at bw3. I make my own.

Has anyone tried John Henry's hot wing rub? Just picked some up today and I will be trying it out tomorrow.

Jrow

I prefer chick leggs.Kiss em with smoke and let the flames lick em.My fave is Dizzy Pig Swamp Venom and glaze with Blues Hog TN RED.:wink:

Wings and red kettles are WAYYYYYYY OVERATED. ;-)

Has anyone tried John Henry's hot wing rub? Just picked some up today and I will be trying it out tomorrow.

Jrow

whats the verdict? I picked up some John henry beef rub from bbq outfitters and am curious about the wing rub

whats the verdict? I picked up some John henry beef rub from bbq outfitters and am curious about the wing rub

My friends I had over didn't leave any behind so I didn't get to try it. I rubbed down some thighs for dinner tonight I will post later. I did end up with some mad hunky wings and they were awesome.
Let me know how you like that beef rub. I might just have to stop by bbq mercantile to pick some up.

Jrow

My batch of wang drummettes last Sunday....mostly Powboy's Yardbird smoked with lump and cherry chunks.

20130203_165448_zps5d64ef59.jpg

20130203_182901_zpsc8c18f26.jpg

Used a variety of sauces that we liked.

20130203_110310_zps1c52489c.jpg

These, though.....were serious bidness.

20130203_174508_zps0a237af1.jpg

Last edited:
The best buffalo style sauce I've ever found is Sean's BooYah! Wing Sauce.

http://www.seansbooyah.com/stuff.html

The Creeper is awesome if you like it hot. But my hot and other people's hot is not the same, so when I'm cooking 'hot' for others, I need to use the Sorta Hot. If you are cooking for a diverse crowd, even the Sorta Hot will likely be too hot for them and go with the Not So Hot.

True....I'm always amazed at some folks hatred of anything remotely hot.

Jrow

I've heard their Greek rub is crazy good on chicken. I'm ordering a can for my next order. I'm almost out of Cimmarron Doc's rib rub and I need some good chili stuff.

Let me know how you like that beef rub. I might just have to stop by bbq mercantile to pick some up.

Jrow

I don't have much I can compare it to as this is my second brisket. ..I was very pleased with the brisket rub. Straight rub on the brisket below produced a nice bark

Also used some john Henry pecan rub tonight. .. this stuff is money! Pork ribeye

I'm definitely picking up some wing rub soon

20130203_152327_zps61190ce5.jpg

20130206_211605_zpsf131904d.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Hands down my favorite is Julio's Seasoning and then Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce mild that combo I could eat everyday. Cook the wings indirect on the kettle of course and I don't like smoke on my wings so just charcoal

Back