Lone Star Grillz Vertical Insulated Cabinet Smoker-For the new Owner

I am curious to see how many of you guys went with the folding side table? It seems a little pricey at $250, but seems like it would be nice to have.

I am curious to see how many of you guys went with the folding side table? It seems a little pricey at $250, but seems like it would be nice to have.

Ya its a pricey option, but comes in handy when you need it. I use mine almost all the time to either leave gloves, the digiQ and/or the maverick transmitter sitting on it. Definitely useful to have.

I also went with the side table option, it's worth the extra money. Nice to have that option to set something on when needed.

Have any of you gone from a gravity feed pit to the LSG vertical? How does the Q compare compare? How do these compare in build quality and Q in comparison to the other vertical insulated standard and reverse flow cabinets out there?

I just got off the phone with lonestargrillz to place my order. Now I have 7 to 9 weeks of impatiently waiting.

Hopefully this hasn't already been discussed but are these smokers a reverse flow design?

Have any of you gone from a gravity feed pit to the LSG vertical? How does the Q compare compare? How do these compare in build quality and Q in comparison to the other vertical insulated standard and reverse flow cabinets out there?

I can honestly say that the build quality is better than most. Its heavier gauge steel and seamless welding is unreal. The 850lb pound weight alone gives it away. The doors slam shut like a tank.

I cant comment on the differences of gravity fed, but I am pretty sure the Q is pretty much the same. The fuel capacity is nuts. The firebox holds 40lb of charcoal. No other cabinet smoker out there does this. You can 35 hours easy on one charge and not touch the firebox.

I suggest you watch all the videos to get some ideas on the build and the features and compare them to the other guys. They cant be beat!

Good luck in your quest...It took me forever to decide, and I am glad I picked this one!

I have a Backwoods Smoker Fat Boy and a LSG insulated smoker. The LSG is better built with thicker (11 Gauge) steel.

I have no experience with gravity fed smokers.

Hopefully this hasn't already been discussed but are these smokers a reverse flow design?

Backwoods Smokers had the original patent on reverse flow, but I think it has expired. The Pitmaker Vault and Safe are also reverse flow.

Got my mini ordered yesterday its going to be a long 8 weeks

Congrats! The wait was a killer for me.

If you are going to get a cover for it, they have long lead times as well.

Post pics when you get it, you may be the first to order one...

Wish I had the sack to pull the trigger on a quality vertical cabinet. I just can't decide on which one because the Benjamins involved.

Back