SWMBO Granted my Wishes Tonight! Offset on order!

CharredApron

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
As many of you know, I have been looking for a while to buy an offset cooker. In the past, I have had several opportunities to purchase used cookers and could never get off the dime. I am proud to say that after much searching and a lot of hemming and hawing, and loads of great advice from my Brethren here on this great forum. Thalia and I have come to a decision to purchase a 24 x 50 Patio Style Cooker W/Warmer from Shirley Fabrication of Tuscaloosa, AL.

This is a similar model to what we have selected, with a few mods, and then we will be shipping her to France. Of course after she's seasoned and broken in properly here in the Land of the Free and the Brave!

Thanks to all of you that have provided me with your most valuable and honest input and taught me so much!

After speaking with Paul today, I am confident that our decision was worth waiting for as always..."Things that are meant to be,......are meant to be!!"

Thanks for lookin, now I'll really be cookin!

Jed

That should be fun to cook on! Congrats. There is a certain amount of gratification you get from stickburning, and even though it's more work, it's a lot of fun too.

That should be fun to cook on! Congrats. There is a certain amount of gratification you get from stickburning, and even though it's more work, it's a lot of fun too.
I am an insomniac so all night cooks are a natural. I love to play with fire too, so between the two, I will be in Hog Heaven!

I am thinking maybe smoked Foie gras, or pate. But I really want to do Ribs, Brisket, Chicken, and Pork. The Q world is expanding, it's my passion. Nothing better than living my days doing what I love. Cooking for my loved ones and friends.

Back