• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Basic Brisket Tutorial (pron heavy)

Wow Chris,

This is hands down the best brisket tutorial I have seen!!! I have done a lot of reading and research and have never found this much good info on brisket in one spot. You have to look all over to come up with the info contained in your post. From now on when folks ask me how to do a brisket I'll just show them your post..

Thanks for taking the time to put this together!!!

Thanks a bunch! I've cooked half a dozen or so briskets over the years and never been happy with any of them. Now I see I've never near about got one done enough. Youve insired me to give it another shot. Thanks:-D

Chris, This is an excellent tutorial, easy to follow lots of pics. It is essentially fool proof maybe it should be called "The Dummies Guide To Making Brisket".

Thanks Again this has taken the fear out of making brisket and I'm sure all would agree. Its like a paint by number tutorial LOL.

I'm going to try this tomorrow. Thank you for the wonderful tutorial. I can't wait!

Thanks Chris. :eusa_clap
In retrospect, that's very similar to the way I started doing briskets years ago. The problem was, that over the years, I was trying to improve on the basics. As new products and methods were presented to me I went with the flow and tried new things. That wasn't necessarily a bad thing and my brisket seemed to get better.
But...Tomorrow it's back to the basics with a trimmed and separated packer with a thin coating of EVOO, then coarse sea salt, next is garlic powder and finally black pepper. Just couldn't help adding the EVOO and garlic powder.:wink: The point was also sprinkled with some of my rub for a taste comparison after the cook and some burnt ends.
It's all trimmed, seasoned and in the fridge since about 3 this afternoon and will be smoked tomorrow. Pics in another thread then if all goes as planned.

Again thanks for the KISS thread and the tutorial!

Chris,

Thanks so much for this post. A lot of the tips really helped make my first successful packer brisket.

DSC_0450800x600.jpg

DSC_0444800x600.jpg

fwiw, the left half was cut with an electric knife and the right with a carving knife. I couldn't tell much of a difference in any way and the electric knife really didn't save much time. I know what it stays in a closet in the basement.:biggrin:

Thanks again Chris!

That is a fantastic looking brisket! Very good to hear you had a great brisket, it's my favorite. Well, actually my favorite is the burnt ends, but brisket is still 2nd best.:cool:

Sir, I bow in your direction- great tute, and a great help. I have *never* seen such nice brisket- now, perhaps, I shall- on my plate! :becky:

I have cooked brisket this way every time, and it just keeps getting better for me, I appreciate this tutorial and actually wrote the recipe down and put it in the recipe box for when computers are no longer needed.. Thanks!!!

:clap2:

Very good Job on this tutorial. My first brisket tomorrow.

Back