catering plan

Dyce51

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have been tossing the idea around for a while....my wife and I talked about the other day.we decided that we are gonna go for it.

Well at my regular job, I had an accident and had to have surgery to fix my shoulder (reset 3 breaks, reset the joint and reconnect the bicep muscle)...So needless to say I a good amount of free time. So I figure while I'm recovering I can figure out a menu and pricing along with making everything legit (register our name, get insurance, talk to the health dept etc)

then once my arm is back to normal and functioning again I will finish building my equipment.

any pointers? suggestions? or ideas?

Yes don't take short cuts and plan to spend double the money you expect. I opened a quote part time weekend catering/concessions business this past spring. I work a 40 hour week at my full time job and 60 hours a week at BBQ. I worked so hard this year that Monday felt like my day off because I only worked 8 hours that day. Every Friday night I questioned what in the fark am I doing, but by Saturday night after feeding a ton of people and getting great feedback I go home so sore I have to take Advill to get the pain to go away so I can sleep after being up for 36 hours straight. When the pain finally subsides and I can relax I think "Yea baby I love It" I spend every Sunday doing clean up and start all over again. IMO it takes passion to do this and if you have it then go for it!

Only advice I can give is learn how to multi task or you will spend a lot more time doing things than needed.

Back