Wood Fired Oven has been de-virginized.. Pizza, Lamb Chops & Steaks

V-wiz

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
For Fathers day i have my parents and my in-laws over to have our 1st Pizza Party after we built the oven. It was a very successful day. Ill let the photos do the talking.

30bikc9.jpg

5u0fwn.jpg

33otco2.jpg

Australian Lamb chops before the pizza.

2quohl2.jpg

Chimney draws pretty well.

sc5ikn.jpg

2w6yp0h.jpg

2ptz1qq.jpg

124u3as.jpg

Sorry about the bad Iphone pic

2v7ykpf.jpg

we had extra dough so we just made some bread

284e4o.jpg

MOTHEREFFER!!! I need one of these. Just splurged on an FEC120, I think next has to be a pizza oven. I am a total pizza snob.

That looks Brilliant and Tasty:clap2:

Now that looks fun!
Pretty sure the rack of lamb is done!
:wink:

I those are "bad iPhone pics" then I'm afraid to see some with a high $ camera! Simply great,:clap:

I just can't say enough about what a beautiful build that is, absolutely incredible! Nice cook to getter rollin' too......some fine looking pies!

Congrats on the maiden voyage. Keep it coming,

KC

Congrats V! Looks great. :-D
Just be careful, since building mine my physical activity level is no longer keeping up with my consumption! :shocked:

I have found that keeping a good coal base around the perimeter produces more consistent heating, even if it is a small bed. If there will be some time between pizza cooking shifts, it is very easy to pull the coals on to the deck for a quick warm up too.

I have been on the fence about breaking tradition and getting a weed burner for start up. I tried out a buddies yesterday, it took at least 40 min off my pre-heat time!!

IMG_20130616_141500_138_zpsa6f3a5fe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Again, Looks great, keep the PRoN coming, and congrats! :clap2:

I those are "bad iPhone pics" then I'm afraid to see some with a high $ camera! Simply great,:clap:

The two pizza pics were with a iphone the rest were shot with my Canon 5DII

Congrats V! Looks great. :-D
Just be careful, since building mine my physical activity level is no longer keeping up with my consumption! :shocked:

I have found that keeping a good coal base around the perimeter produces more consistent heating, even if it is a small bed. If there will be some time between pizza cooking shifts, it is very easy to pull the coals on to the deck for a quick warm up too.

I have been on the fence about breaking tradition and getting a weed burner for start up. I tried out a buddies yesterday, it took at least 40 min off my pre-heat time!!

IMG_20130616_141500_138_zpsa6f3a5fe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Again, Looks great, keep the PRoN coming, and congrats! :clap2:

Thanks man. I honestly didnt stop for 5 minutes. I was a machine. Started the fire at 10am had the dome clear at 1230. Cooked lamb, then beef then pizza. I finally moved away from the oven at 4. So i never spread the coals over the floor to recharge. Pies were just flying in the oven. Lol. Next time i will take ten minutes to recharge. I started the oven with my weed burner, its easier and faster.

Back