G'Day from Kanmantoo, South Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mankantoo

Seeing as this summers fire ban season is over I thought I'd try my hand at a little smokin' and charcoal grilling, Googled for ideas and ended up here!:clap2:

So last week I bought myself an el cheapo Weber-type kettle, after much wasted newspaper and cardboard resorted to using a butane torch and garden mulch to light the briquettes, managed to under-cook and over-smoke a batch of marinated wings, and burnt my hands ...so I guess I'm off to a great start:laugh:

Anyhoo, I've done a load of reading since arriving, have already learnt heaps, and am sure will learn a fark load more, and I'm sure I'll be pestering the resident Brains Trust for a long while yet.

Ps. Am planning on trying to build a UDS soon, too, so I guess I better have the wife organise an ambulance and fire brigade for the first lighting of that monster:redface:

Welcome to the forum Mankantoo!

Welcome to our crazy little club house!

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

So I'm about to try my hand out again with a butterflied leg of lamb, (marinated overnight with a store bought tube of Mediterranean herbs and spices) and I've come to the conclusion that I desperately need a charcoal chimney.
Either that or the brand of briq's I'm using is farking me around and making a fool out of me...which wouldn't surprise me:crazy:

Anyhoo, I'll try and remember to take some shots...and maybe some photos too of the finished product:-D

Welcome from Indiana!

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Welcome from Indiana!

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Indiana or this site???

Welcome ManKanToo

chracoal refusing to cooperate can be a real PIA. Get it good and hot. Chimney's are a huge help as are weed burners!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back