Roll Call, Sedalia MO, 6/15-6/16 (With RESULTS)

No mud, conditions are good. You can set up behind the front row and everyone will still be together.

Our intent is to be there around 10AM.......I actually feel kind of lonesome without John and Darrel going with us.....we'll do what we do and turn it in and hope for the best.....
good luck John and Darrel at Heritage Days....maybe we'll both bring home some money this weekend!

Good luck to all you guys this weekend!

We all had a tear in our eyes when Kick and T were out last night loading things up.

On my way boys!!!!! Break out the beer and fatties!!! :twisted: Ok, I'll bring my own beer...:rolleyes:

THIS WAS A VIRTUAL BRETHREN WALK FEST!!! WOW WHAT A SHOWING FOR THE BRETHREN!! Just got home and don't have the scores with me. details to follow.

Congrats GREAT GRILLS for the GRAND CHAMP THIS WEEKEND!

Spice

Congrats Mark and Becky ... and everyone else who got the walk.

I knew I should have came down for some lessons. Next time I'm told that I should go to an event for fun, beers, meet more brethren and to learn ... I think I'll take the offer up.

I'll help you out, Jay... I've got nothing else to do but take a hot shower, drink some tea and go to bed in the A/C! :lol:

CHICKEN:
1. Great Grills O' Fire
2. Night Owl BBQ
3. Chick'n Pig
4. QSS Smokin
5. Road Kill Redeemers
6. Young Pelletheads
7. Extreme Pork
8. Cook N Que
9. Come n Get It
10. Belly Brothers

RIBS:
1. Great Grills O' Fire
2. Set It and Forget It
3. Extreme Pork
4. Team Q
5. Get Outta My Pit
6. Gandy Q
7. Cook N Q
8. Big Creek BBQ
9. Smokin Roys
10. MoKan Meatheads

PORK:
1. Team Q
2. QSS Smokin
3. Great Grills O' Fire
4. Big Creek BBQ
5. Road Kill Redeemers
6. PETA
7. Extreme Pork
8. Come N Get It
9. Set It and Forget It
10. Bubba and Jeff's BBQ

BRISKET:
1. Set It and Forget It
2. Sedalia Masterbasters
3. Team Q
4. Great Grills O' Fire
5. PETA
6. Big Creek BBQ
7. Getting Sauced
8. Chick'n Pig
9. Smokin Roys
10. Smokin O BBQ

OVERALL:
10. Smokin O BBQ
9. Night Owl BBQ
8. PETA
7. Chick'n Pig
6. Big Creek BBQ
5. QSS Smokin
4. Extreme Pork
3. Set It and Forget It
Reserve: Team Q
Grand: Great Grills O' Fire

People's Choice Champion: Great Grills O' Fire

Kids Q 5-11:

HAMBURGER:
1. Taylor Stith (Big Creek BBQ)
2. Anna Loech
3. Dalton Spurgeon (Bubba and Jeff's BBQ)
4. Kaylin Groneman (HoDeDo/Smoke on Wheels)
5. Bethany Hardway

SAUSAGE:
1. Anna Loech
2. Kaylin Groneman (HoDeDo/Smoke on Wheels)
3. Harley Hardaway
4. Bethany Hardaway
5. Dalton Spurgeon (Bubba and Jeff's BBQ)

OVERALL:
5. Bethany hardaway
4. Kaylin Groneman (HoDeDo/Smoke on Wheels)
3. Dalton Spurgeon (Bubba and Jeff's BBQ)
Reserve: Anna Loech
Grand: Taylor Stith (Big Creek BBQ)

I was so proud!!! I thought I was hiding it but when I came back from taking pictures, Wayne says "Hey Jeff, need a hanky?" :lol:

Not having anyone in the 11-15 year group, I didn't get a copy of winners but Great Grills' kids were called there too.

Congrats to everyone! What a great day for the Brethren!

Congrats go out to Great Grills and Team Q plus the other brethren that walked. I got my ars handed to me on this one but all in all it was a great weekend, good weather and great friends and lots of margaritas what else could you ask for. At least I got beat by the brothers and not some unknowns. Will strive to do better next time. Must mow now yuk.

Congrats to all the Brothers that walked and the Brothers Kids Too.

I just love it when the kids, especially our Brethren kids, get to compete and take that championship walk. Congrats to the Great Grills kids and Taylor, Kaylin and Dalton.

Also, congrats to Slammin Sammy, who has moved up to cooking chicken with us old folk on his 3rd place in chicken. The boy has got his MoJo working! :)

I expected better results from the Belly Brothers going into this contest, but got slapped back to reality pretty quickly....you don't buy a new pit, cook on it one time, go to a contest to compete and expect it to cook just exactly like the one that you been using for 3 years....it just don't work that a way....a cook has to know what his cooker will do, and I failed us in that respect. We were 17th overall out of 38 teams, and I'll take it. We were 10th in chicken, 14th in pork, 21st in ribs, and 29th in brisket. The brisket was probably the worst I have ever cooked in my life, in fact, I debated even turning it in....it was one of those "chew it but can't swallow it" experiences....and then we didn't get below a 7 on anything....in fact one judge gave us a 9-8-9......Teresa says, "What? that judge is smokin' crack!" We've laughed about that so much! If anyone would care to defend the judge, the rest of the brisket is in a black plactic bag at the cook site, feel free to help yourself!!

A great weekend for the Brethren teams! Lots of walks and lots of camaraderie. I'm just sorry I didn't get around to see everyone!
We had a great time with our BBQ family!

A big Thanks to the Meatheads for hosting a serogate wife and kids in Sedalia. Sounds like you all had a great time. Wayne, Kaylin told me you helped her alot, and she thanks you again.

Great walks by everyone. We got are arses handed to us in all but brisket this weekend. So I feel your pain Kick!!! The CTO was interesting for us to cook on.

Kaylin and Lauren had a blast, - your pool was a winner Jeff!!!

Thanks again to everyone who helped Kim and the Girls feel at home, when I was 5 hrs away at the LP Que.!!!

Congrats to everyone that walked. Looks like it was a great weekend for Brethren teams all around.

Congrats everyone !!!!!!!! We had a great time.

Attachments

• team Q.JPG
    team Q.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 77
i just don't get it any more got 38 this weekend

did people choice my brisket had two people come up and said can you cook for our company event
the best brisket i have ever had and took business cards

one judge gave me an 7-3-3 and the rest were lower than 6-6-6

i just don't get it any more

york

i just don't get it any more got 38 this weekend

did people choice my brisket had two people come up and said can you cook for our company event
the best brisket i have ever had and took business cards

one judge gave me an 7-3-3 and the rest were lower than 6-6-6

i just don't get it any more

york

Too bad York... Based on what you're telling us and from past contest results, it seems like your going to need to go back to the drawing board and start trying some new things and re-examine the equipment you cook on, the rubs/sauces you use, the time you cook for etc.

I saw that, York. I was pretty shocked to see it too. Is there anything you can tell by your scores... meaning the individual scores? Are you strong in appearance, taste or tenderness? DAL sucks arse bro! I know you're better than that. Not that I'm worth a crap but If you need any help, I'll be glad to assist however I can.

Back