BUT... is there time!?

NC-Q

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
SO it's about 10:30 or so, and I am looking in my fridge and there's a 2.5 pound brisket flat staring me down. Ya'll think I could get this bad boy done on my UDS and ready for a rest by 7:30? Consider I have not yet started a fire or prepped the meat or anything.

Who likes to live dangerously? (also I've never cooked a small flat without the point either...)

I'm not really married to the idea of brisket, I am just at home by myself all day for the next couple of weeks studying for my board exams, so I'm pretty bored... :loco:

2.5 #?

I'd say yup. My last flat was 6#, started at 8:30 and and pulled at 2:15 to rest. That about 6 hours at 250*.

Have fun.

Thanks for the vote of confidence- I just felt like throwing this out there, because it seems like every time I wonder "is there time to finish this" I always end up having to crank up the fire and rushing the end of the cook, then not having enough time for it to rest- D'OH. I'm sure you know what I mean...

Thanks, got the fire started, I'll post some PRON as this progresses!

With it being that small, I'd consider braising it versus a traditional smoke. But you'll be more than fine getting it done in time either way.

this sounds like last weekend for me. Staring at a 7# pork shoulder at 10:30am thinking, hmm "kinda cutting it close, ahh fark it lets do this"

You can do that easily. Quit farking around on the computer and burn some meat, man! :laugh:

With it being that small, I'd consider braising it versus a traditional smoke. But you'll be more than fine getting it done in time either way.

I've never done one that small (that's what she said:tsk:) but I'd definitely foil it with the liquid of your choice.

Back