I'm Fatty Failure ...

yes sir! and be sure to make some pretty swans like this!

23dec06-030.jpg

i usually make them the day before and serve cold as starters or take to work on a sandwich... at least i used to do that. :roll:

You ain't right :mrgreen:

Well thats explains alot

probe it for temp , foil it at @ 150 , don't exceed 160

taking a wild guess here now - apple juice if desired when foiled

I think I'm ready for Fatty 201 - the advanced class now

because, when i finally become a Farker, I want to be able to say ....

This here Farker Knows Fatties ....

keep the info and suggestions coming - there is a whole world to know about fatties I see ....

If I'm going to put some stuffing (japs, cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, .etc) in the fattie, I usually try to get them ready the night before. I kinda press the sausage out into a tortilla - shaped patty, add the stuffing, roll / fold back into a log - shape. Then I load it up with whatever rub sounds good and wrap that rascal up tightly in saran wrap to rest overnight along with the ABTs in the fridge. Breaking the original roll down seems to let more smoke penetration happen while wrapping it up helps to hold it together. But that's just my $0.02 worth

I think you've got the right basic idea now. Bottom line is do not overcook! I roll mine out flat on saran wrap and layer with pepperjack and jalapenos then roll back up so the stuffing is layered. Then apply a rub of choice and cook away. So........quit bragging about standing there with fatty in hand and get back to cooking

If you roll the sausage out to add filling ingredients, don't roll too thin, as it will tear easily. I roll mine out to about 3/8th of an inch.
Also, when you roll it back into log form, chill for a while in the fridge to firm it up.
And, like others have said, it needs to be pulled no later than 160 f. internal, or it will get to be like sawdust.
That's the fatty world as I see it.:lol:
Now, if only I could get that chicken skin crisp every time...

I do my fattys 3-2-1 with the 2 being wrapped in foil with apple juice and the 1 being in the cooler.

Have you temped (is that a word) your cook Brent or just do the 3-2-1? Don't they usually reach 160 after a couple of hours? Just curious.

Paul

I have tried JD hot with Kraft shredded cheddar and Jalapeno cheese and pecan rub on the outside. Next time I am gonna try hard boiled eggs chopped and cheese filling.

I have tried JD hot with Kraft shredded cheddar and Jalapeno cheese and pecan rub on the outside. Next time I am gonna try hard boiled eggs chopped and cheese filling.

Don't chop the egg just place whole and then add cheese and wrap the sausage around the egg. Pat made these at the bash and they were might fine. Nice slcie of egg with the cheese nice and melted (on the grate of the bds) and oh so smokey.

Don't chop the egg just place whole and then add cheese and wrap the sausage around the egg. Pat made these at the bash and they were might fine. Nice slcie of egg with the cheese nice and melted (on the grate of the bds) and oh so smokey.

Thanks for the tip, I will definitely try that next time. Maybe wrapped in bacon! Sounds like a cardiologist's night mare.

Don't feel bad. Right now with the way expenses are, I can't even afford to buy some to mess up!!

Cheeto Fatty?? Clue me daddy.

I think you crush up the Cheetos (or Doritos,cheesits, and such) and roll the Fatties in it .

Paul

Back