• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Leg of Lamb cook time

fantomlord

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Doing a bone-in leg of lamb (~11lbs) tomorrow, and was wondering what to expect for cook times...unfortunately, about half of the family members I'm cooking for prefer their lamb more like medium, edging to medium well :doh:

Thanks!

Depends on your cooking temp.

I did 2 bone-ins on my off set, smoked at 225-250 range for about 4 hours. IT was around 135 (I think) and it got rave reviews.

Made a paste of olive oil, rosemary, thyme, garlic and mint to rub first.

G'luck!

Depends on your cooking temp.

I did 2 bone-ins on my off set, smoked at 225-250 range for about 4 hours. IT was around 135 (I think) and it got rave reviews.

Made a paste of olive oil, rosemary, thyme, garlic and mint to rub first.

G'luck!

were those around the same size as mine?

yeah...I did forget to mention that, didn't I?:oops: I'll probably be running more in the 250 - 275° range. I'll be doing something similar with olive oil, garlic, rosemary, and probably some lemon zest.

were those around the same size as mine?

yeah...I did forget to mention that, didn't I?:oops: I'll probably be running more in the 250 - 275° range. I'll be doing something similar with olive oil, garlic, rosemary, and probably some lemon zest.

Start early,finish early,and park it in an Esky/cooler for an hour.
make sure its at room temperature before starting

Start early,finish early,and park it in an Esky/cooler for an hour.
make sure its at room temperature before starting

can you ballpark a cooking time for me? I want to finish an hour early, and not end up done 3 hours early, or having everybody sitting around for 2 hours waiting for it to finish.

Thanks!

I'd do it at 400f, about 15 minutes per pound and rest.(close to medium)
Crispy skin and juicy interior tent foil and don't wrap.

will that translate to ~30-45 mins per pound if I'm in the 300° range? I'll be cooking it on the WSM, and I have trouble getting it much hotter than that :mmph:

Thanks for the help guys! I told my wife when I was posting this that I was hoping the Aussies would reply :wink: I knew you guys would give me some good input!

I did a 12 pound leg of lamb on my 26 kettle for it's inaugural cook. It ran about 350°F and in 2:45 hit an IT of 138°F.

DSC_5115-PP.JPG

Back