Comp Choice on May 16 (PA or NJ ?)

trohrs123

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Smoke in the Valley Green Lane, PA vs The Art of BBQ Mays Landing, NJ
Any and all input welcome same weekend in May the 15th and 16th
Which would you choose to do and why?

I heard that Mays landing has asked KCBS for a date change to the following weekend. It should be reviewed at the next board meeting.

that would make it memorial day weekend

hmmmm, maybe it was for the previous weekend then, or 2 weeks later.
I do know that requested a date change though.

Last year it was the weekend after Memorial Day.

I would really like to do them both, hope they change the date, mays landing 45 minutes, green lane 1:15.

Havent been to either but the Mays landing one sounds like it could potentially grow to be a very large contest

Green Lane is a brand new comp. We are signed up for it, it is only 10 mins from our house. I think they have $5,000.00 winnings. Haven't heard anything about Mayes Landing.

We talked to the Organizers at Yardley, they were walking around talking to people. They sound like they have a nice set up. I think it is in Green Lane Park which is a very nice park. I believe they are Volunteer Firefighters.

Hope this helps.

Besides distance the distance, has anybody actually done either of these and how team friendly are they?

We did the Art of BBQ last year, They had the normal first year problems. Elec. ETC, But once we were there it went OK. Minus the rain at awards

(Drank, I mean)Hung out with Fat Angel.

We were very dissapointed with the promoter not following through on his word. As he promoted it as a State Qualifier. But we will probly be back. Although Cheasapeake is the same weekend as this one. And is a State Qualifier.

3rd post down on the page
http://www.3eyzbbq.com/competitions2008.htm

only a 7 minute difference in travel time for us...so which one is more cooker friendly or should I just toss a coin? lol:rolleyes:

Danville's that weekend too. Also a qualifier. Looked up Green Lane on kcbs site, not a qualifier either. May have to rethink that weekend.
On a side note, any word on Stevensville yet? Couldn't find it listed for July.

Danville's that weekend too. Also a qualifier. Looked up Green Lane on kcbs site, not a qualifier either. May have to rethink that weekend.
On a side note, any word on Stevensville yet? Couldn't find it listed for July.
hmmm thank you for mentioning that...where is Stevensville? Is it the same weekend? Is it a qualifier?

hmmm thank you for mentioning that...where is Stevensville? Is it the same weekend? Is it a qualifier?

Its on Kent Island Maryland, pretty cool event. The last couple of years its been the last w/e in July and its a qualifier. Usually a pretty balmy time of year for us. :biggrin:

I'm thinking of either judging or pit beotching for somebody at Green Lane. Let me know if anyone needs help.

Back