Mustard based sauce on St Louis Ribs?

Gator BBQ

Got Wood.
Reaction score
I have almost always done sweet ketchup style sauces on my ribs with very good results. I was wondering if anyone has had success with a Carolina gold sauce. The sauce is awesome!

It would never occur to me to even try.:)

Mustard sauce has never been my thing....at all. I know a ton of folks who seem to love it,though.

Why not cook the ribs un-sauced and serve the mustard sauce on the side? It works on pork butt, so should work on ribs.

If it tastes good, eat it! I really like mustard based sauces, coleslaw, etc.

My first reaction was..."yuck"...my wife's first reaction was "yum"...lol! :becky: She's usually right...:mrgreen:

I think it sounds delicious.......and I know what I am going to eat this weekend

My former favorite BBQ place (Stillwell Smokehouse) used to offer toamato based and mustard based sauces on the side. Both were delicious. Bought several bottles of each and used both at home. Usually would make 2 slabs and finish them with different sauces. Too bad the place burned down and the sauce is unavailable... But then I found Blues Hog and Cowtown and quit mourning.

All comes down to personal preferences,if you like the mustard based sauces then it should be a hit for you. For me, the jury is still out on the mustard sauces, I've only tried a couple so far, I found them to be ok, but I am willing to keep trying, I figure I'll find one I like eventually.

Having grown up is S.C. i thought all sauce was yellow. Try it youll love it. You can always modify it make the mustard a little less forward. I now know that bbq sauce comes in a variety of colors. But you still see the mustard based sold in gallon size bottles here.

Shack Attack

Mixed up a batch of Shack Attack yesterday and going to try it out on some ribs this weekend. I think the mustard sauce sounds great.

Isn't this a bit like putting a "Virgina Is For Lovers" tattoo on a Oregonian?

:)

Then again, perhaps Oregonian's need love too....

Back