View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 12:00 PM   #1
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Thumbs up Sam's Club 100% Mesquite Lump Charcoal (w/chicken pron)

I have seen these at Sam's for a while now and only recently pulled the trigger on some. I got a 40 pound bag for $12, and the pieces in this thing are HUGE!

I fired up a chimney full to cook up some chicken leg quarters and wings for lunch on my kettle. This stuff popped like crazy. When I dumped it from the chimney into the kettle it was like dumping a chimney full of sparklers, I singed hairs on my arms from the sparks flying. There was also a lot of smoke coming off of it for lump charcoal.

After letting the coals settle down in the kettle for about 10 minutes, I went to put the chicken on, and there was still quite a bit of smoke coming out of the kettle for being pure charcoal.

Anyone tried this stuff yet? I will have a more firm opinion after the chickens done, but so far, despite the wonderfully large chunks (love that), it seems the downsides from the sparking and smoke are making it seem like not such a great buy. I'll keep y'all posted.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.

Last edited by bigabyte; 03-11-2010 at 01:14 PM..
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote