• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Beef chuck ribs what to do??

Skidder

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Ok never did these before. Any help would be much appreciated. As in herbs,rubs,spices also need approximate times and foil or no? There 1.22 lbs. in a two pack. I was figuring maybe a bit of evoo then Todds Dirt then smoke for a while then foil and braise in beef base then mix the beef base with some homemade bbq sauce 50/50. Let me know how you feel. Thanks in advance to all. Skidder
chuckribs001.jpg

chuckribs002.jpg

I would rub them up like a brisket, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, then onto the cooker for a while, until they are tender, probe tender at least, then quickly eat them all and tell the family that something bad happened, and pizza has been ordered.

I really prefer these smoked through, no foil and no braise is needed.

oh...250F to 275F, for 4 to 6 hours, varies a fair bit due to small size, just check at around 2 hours, toothpick works fine.

This is what I did. I make my own so called Dirt but did add more garlic powder and onion powder along with S & P and rubbed with evoo first. Still up in the air about foil or not. Smoke YES. Maybe about an hour though unless I decide not to foil. I'll see how it plays out. These little critters have more meat than I thought they did. This is gonna go on the smoker with a shoulder and 35 ABTs. Thanks guys.
beefribsseasoned002.jpg

I like to finish mine with a very light layer of sauce but it's not necessary. Totally depends on your flavor profile preference.

I would rub them up like a brisket, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, then onto the cooker for a while, until they are tender, probe tender at least, then quickly eat them all and tell the family that something bad happened, and pizza has been ordered.

I really prefer these smoked through, no foil and no braise is needed.

oh...250F to 275F, for 4 to 6 hours, varies a fair bit due to small size, just check at around 2 hours, toothpick works fine.

+1 hehe

No foil and please do not ruin with sauce. Them ribs are actually beef spare ribs cut in strips.

those look like back ribs, cut in half, not short ribs.

looks like a great start! smoke, plenty to start, give em 4-6 hours, no foil, maybe a light brush of sauce just for some wetness.

Most certainly back ribs - good stuff, but you'll be shocked how much shrinkage occours! :shocked:

Back