• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Smoked My First Pork Butts

S

Seelb0

Whats going on yall. New to the site so I decided to upload a few pictures of my first few pork butts. I currently own a Bayou Classic and am in the process of building my UDS.
1st picture is my first pork butt I smoked. Didn't use any foil for this cook.
2nd picture are my next 2 pork butts I decided to cook. Used a different rub on each one and then let sit wrapped over night.
3rd picture are the two pork butts before I wrapped them in foil--after around 6 hours. Put some of the drippings in the bottom of the foil before wrapping.

Afterwards I let them rest in my cooler for about 1 hour then pulled it apart. Came out really good to me. Really tender and moist. Great smoke flavor.

4th picture is the final spread. A little sausage, Bayou Burgers stuffed with cheddar cheese and jalapenos, and a few other things.

All in all it was a pretty good meal. I am by no means a pro at this but I enjoy it. When I come in from offshore this time I will try and tackle a brisket.

Attachments

• Picture 094.jpg
    Picture 094.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 222
  • Picture 091.jpg
    Picture 091.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 220
  • Picture 092.jpg
    Picture 092.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 219
  • Picture 093.jpg
    Picture 093.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 219
Looks like you have a handle on the pork butts! Good looking food in the last picture!

i am a fan of tieing it up as well. looks good, i did one yesterday too, i just dont have many pics lol

Everything looks great and plenty of food. Were we supposed to come over?

Back