• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Basic Brisket Tutorial (pron heavy)

ok from someone who has never done a brisket(too scared).u have just opened the window i've been needin 2 peek in..we're talkin"brisket for dummies 101" here pal..u explained it,step by step,with pics i might add,2 a point that anyone can understand..i've always heard how tricky and onry brisket can be,so i shyed away..but now you,my friend,have laid the blueprint out for all to see..brother i thank you..i'm headed 2 sams club 2morrow 4 my 1st packer baby:thumb:..and just in time for the weekend..:-D:-D:-D

Just follow the tutorial & you'll be fine. It worked great for me as it has for many folks here. Don't overthink or undercook & you'll do great.

This was very helpful, I've been wanting to try a brisket since I bought my BWS Chubby and this was what I needed to see to jump in. I'm picking up a 12lb packer on the way home tonight and I'm putting her on at midnight. Thanks for the write up.

Just found this post. Fantastic! I have cooked a packer and a flat, but I still learned a lot from this thread. I'm getting a packer and starting it tonight on my WSM.

Excellent Tutorial! great photos, great explanation of the whole process, learned a lot from this post!

This is great! I am going to have to do a brisket in the next couple of weeks and I will be using this as a reference. Awesome job!!

I have been wanting to cook one for a long time & just couldn't take that hit on the grocery bill. But low & behold Santa (AKA: FIL) bought me an almost 7# brisket flat & a 3pack of BBs from Sams for Christmas. Glad I found this before I farked it up on my own. Will post some pics when I do it up.

Excellant, this is what I was looking for. This is now bookmarked for the next brisket I cook. I have only cooked one brisket so far, it was good but this post will help me out. Thanks for taking the time to post this.

Great post

Thanks ever so much. Much of what I read makes things more confusing rather than clearing things up. This on the other hand was a breath of fresh air. One of the few time that everyone was in agreement. Often just about the time I think that a post cleared something up someone will reply saying that the first post was all wrong and then offer a counter point of view. Really I think that a lot of time people make what should be quite simple into something much more complicated than it should be, after all people have been cooking over open flame for quite awile now.

Back