View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 01:32 PM   #189
TN_BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambersuac View Post
You are certainly right in that this has to do with the way people respond to posts. Just not in the way you think, it seems.

When I joined the forum, "No pics, didn't happen" was the norm and was good natured ribbing. I got it many times. I was never offended. Apparently, some were - or some did it abusively, or whatever. So, the Poobah called B.S. Great. I do see it rarely, usually in the Woodpile.

As far as MOINKs, I think that also was good natured ribbing. I have been one of the ones pointed out the fact that CAPITALIZATION is the norm and standard. The man who "invented" them named them, "MOINK Balls" and I think it is a matter of respect to him to do as he asked. If you don't want to call them MOINK balls, then use "bacon wrapped meatballs" or some such.

That being said, I don't know of anyone other than a handful who have had a problem with what is usually a gentle, tongue in cheek correction.

Since I have been asked not to say, "No pics, didn't happen," I don't. If the higher ups here ask us to stop asking for proper capitalization, I will. But, I don't see why people are so sensitive about it. Can someone enlighten me?
Maybe I am being a little sensitive, but I suspect the "no pics, didn't happen" stuff also started out as ribbing. I KNOW it started out as fun n games and continues to be that way by 99.9% of the folks, but I'm just sayin (if we don't study history, we are doomed to repeat it).

I simply can't get Bobby Valentine and the "I invented the sandwich wrap" out of my head every time I hear somebody go on about the meatballs n bacon. Yes, I know Larry doesn't claim to have invented the bacon wrapped meatball. Guess it's just the fact that lots of folks frequently get so hung up on the capital letters, and that has a way of rubbing me the wrong way at times. Maybe it's their insistence on compliance????

Nonetheless, I'm sticking to my guns that there are "some" similarities between the posts about pictures and the capital letters.