mac n cheese

Try search feature at bottom of page. There's bound to be a buncha threads on mac/cheez.

Blu's Mac & Cheese

Ingredients

2 cup dried elbow macaroni (4 cups cooked)
1 1/3 cup grated Cheddar (reserve 1 cup)
1/3 cup grated Swiss
1/3 cup grated Jack
1/3 cup grated Colby
2 1/2" of Velveta cut into 1/2 Cubes
1/2 cup sour cream
4 tablespoon butter, cut into pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3/4 cup milk
1/2cup pasta water
Nonstick spray
*Optional Fillers
Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Season water with salt and cook macaroni until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain pasta and place in a large bowl. While pasta is still hot, add all cheeses. In a separate medium bowl, using a whisk, combine the sour cream, butter, salt, pepper, milk and pasta water, add to the macaroni mixture. Spray casserole dish with nonstick spray and pour macaroni mixture into the dish. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Top with reserved 1 cup Cheddar cheese,

** Jalapenos, Ham pieces, Pepperoni, Sausage coins, BACON, Mushrooms.......

Seriously---it is good

Works for me. Need more?? Open more boxes

Last edited:
Blu,
Pasta water = the water you cook the pasta in?
no it is special water imported from Italy(Tx) just for cooking pasta:rolleyes: :doh: Having a Blonde moment are we?? yes the same water you cooked the pasta in the starches in the water thicken the cheese sauce

Blu's Mac & Cheese

Ingredients

2 cup dried elbow macaroni (4 cups cooked)
1 1/3 cup grated Cheddar (reserve 1 cup)
1/3 cup grated Swiss
1/3 cup grated Jack
1/3 cup grated Colby
2 1/2" of Velveta cut into 1/2 Cubes
1/2 cup sour cream
4 tablespoon butter, cut into pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3/4 cup milk
1/2cup pasta water
Nonstick spray
*Optional Fillers
Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Season water with salt and cook macaroni until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain pasta and place in a large bowl. While pasta is still hot, add all cheeses. In a separate medium bowl, using a whisk, combine the sour cream, butter, salt, pepper, milk and pasta water, add to the macaroni mixture. Spray casserole dish with nonstick spray and pour macaroni mixture into the dish. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Top with reserved 1 cup Cheddar cheese,

** Jalapenos, Ham pieces, Pepperoni, Sausage coins, BACON, Mushrooms.......
Bludawg, roughly what size casserole dish would you suggest for this recipe?

I use a 9X11X2 unless I double it then a 13X9 quadrupled a turkey roaster. I also use Cavatopi or Ziti instead of Elbow's

Blu does it still come out creamy or is it more firm? I prefer not to cut my mac and cheese by the slice.

Maybe i should do a structured recipe sometime but the majority of the time i just wing it. Partially cooked noodles, velveta, what other cheeses sound good at the time...parmasean and some cream cheese is always good. I add a little water, smoke for short time then cover with foil and finish cooking. Oh and add croutons on top.

Back