Popdaddy's Soulbread (pron)

Well I figured since we were making artificial soul....whiskey has been giving me artificial soul for years . Cheese? Really? That would never have crossed my mind in this skillet of love.

Last edited:
Dayum!
.......that IS sexy!

But, for the funk challenged.......what's a "Phillip Bailey"? I'm assuming that means setting the "heat wave" to medium heat? Can't tell if it's barely on or 1/2......

Crackin me up, though!

Well I figured since we were making artificial soul....whiskey has been giving me artificial soul for years . Cheese? Really? That would never have crossed my mind in this skillet of love.

I get the feeling makers mark is added to many things in your home

One thing that I didn't notice (maybe I missed it)...

How long does it bake at 400?

till its farking done...

honestly I really don't see why you mortals are so obsessed with farking time. How long? what temp? when is it done?

I make it... toss it somewhere, come back later... its done! WTF?!!!

That's great entertainment and dayum good looking cornbread. I will be doing this one come the weekend. Then again, I don't know if I can wait that long!

till its farking done...

honestly I really don't see why you mortals are so obsessed with farking time. How long? what temp? when is it done?

Geez, I know you are the "king" of funk and all but give us "Mortals" a break!!!!!!!!!! All we are trying to do is make something that looks as good as yours!!:mad2: The last thing I want to do is come back when its done and it looks like a farking black saucer of charcoal. Come off you high horse and realize we are giving you props and not trying to piss you off like you are to me!:doh:

till its farking done...

:shock:

"mortals"?

That's a bit uncalled for ain't it? Kind of thought you were about helpin' folks out?
Guess I know not to ask you any more questions, eh?

Nice farkin attitude. Can't you imagine that most people around here don't have your experience? Some of us may actually NEED directions to follow, cuz we're not "one with the funk".

I get the feeling makers mark is added to many things in your home

Mmmmm makers mark. It taste so good when it touches your lips .

Guys I'm pretty sure the "mortal" comment was a joke. That being said it was about 15 minutes till a toothpick came out clean and the sides were just starting to pull away from the skillet. I had leftover soulbread this morning with eggs and bacon. Dee-lish!!

Mista/Donnie T... that's some good looking redneck focaccia bread you fellas are serving up. I may have to try this one day soon!

till its farking done...

well, speaking for myself, and probably alot of others..

• I set the timer for rough times to go DING so I go back and check before it turns into hub caps
  • I get distracted easily by shiny objects
  • Im over 50 and CRS :crazy:
  • Im a mere mortal and proud of it:bow:. You immortal folks must get bored after a few hundred years. :becky: Can you fly like Hancock? :confused:(<-dont go there, I mean the movie!)
So? How long at 400?

Sheesh I never saw this and I guess they never get the joke. Its funny, when you are online and you say something without the deadpan look or "i am just kidding smile" afterward ... the same comments you make late at night at while you a BBQ ing for the competition, well it sort of falls flat.

Wampus was mad at me then and is probably still mad at me... however, after 5 years of making this stuff, in skillets and in hotel pans, I never still know how long to cook it....

I thought I was being cute but not TOO difficult because the answer to HOW LONG IS ON THE DAMN BOX. :mod::mod::mod::mod::mod::mod::mod:

IMG_0265.jpg
Resting Soulbread

The reason this cornbread was designed was because I wanted to make some that kept if flavor and moistness the next day and was incredible cold... I also needed it not to have to be wrapped in expensive plastic but that would remain moist in a wax paper slip.... The Rick Astley was born

IMG_0266.jpg

The Nettie Plate... we had frozen pre-smoked butts in our freezer and we threw these veggies together and made the soulbread. Really a Mississippi Farm Plate but... whateever.

I now no longer use Jiffy and use my grandmother's recipe which someone found written on an envelope in her handwriting with a post mark date of 1933. Bridge scores were tallied on the back as well. The person who gave it to me found it in their mother's recipe box.... a Ms. Jimmy Walker... yes, the Jimmy Walkers.

Sorry there was a big tissy. To this day I could not tell you how long in a skillet or hotel pan so I would be lyin if I told you. This is not even my thread.

:shock:

"mortals"?

That's a bit uncalled for ain't it? Kind of thought you were about helpin' folks out?
Guess I know not to ask you any more questions, eh?

Nice farkin attitude. Can't you imagine that most people around here don't have your experience? Some of us may actually NEED directions to follow, cuz we're not "one with the funk".

Back