Trailer nearly ready for pickup

Looking good Ford!! I like the way the awnings blend in as well.
My neighbor is a gear head kind of guy, restoring an early 70's camero now and he looked at the trailer and his first comment was those awnings are cool.

And for everybody thinking of building a trailer make sure to specify where the vent stack goes if have them install the water system. About the only thing James and I didn't think of. It's about 5" wide by 3 1/8" deep. I'll be notching out around it. And it is required in most places if you want to vend.

Last edited:
Nice looking so far... can't wait to see the layout and ready to go to work...

Remember, pics as you go along would be nice, but not madatory... :rolleyes:

Wow that's very nice Ford. James when I grow up I want one just like Ford.:-D

Inside stuff ordered.

Should hopefully be here tomorrow. I already have 3 FEC100's, an Artic Air Fridge, 4'x18" ss shelving unit and 3' ss tableand hand sink.

From Restaurant Equippers I will be getting another Artic Air fridge (lg0023), Freezer (lg0022), 3 compartment bar sink (ag1833), 4 well LP steam table (300304), shelf for steam table (304604), 3' SS table (kj4236), 4' ss table (kj4248 ) and 4 pans for the table. I'm sure the hard core caterers and vendors know what this stuff looks like but others can have fun looking it up at http://www.equippers.com/

Now this means when it get's here I have to move it from the driveway to the trailer so there's a chance for more pictures soon.

Where do you vend at? That is a serious setup! I would love to see that in action. Do you have pics of your old set up? Signage?

Ford, I love the frontside stage door. However, for vending how is that going to work if you park with your rear to the foot traffic. Won't you're stage door be in the next person's space if you are only buying a 10' wide space? (Or maybe I should read the thread to see if that's addressed - I see you can get away with purchasing about 18' of width rather then 30')

That's cool!

Last edited:
Where do you vend at? That is a serious setup! I would love to see that in action. Do you have pics of your old set up? Signage?

I plan to do a few fairs (hopefully not longer than 7 days, plus some contests in MI plus local festivals 2-3 days on weekends. And I should do a Tues - Thurs market gig and maybe have a Wed gig at a good intersection by my house.

Will need to do a new frame setup for the signs and will be doing a new sign with the new logo.

trailervending.jpg.w560h420.jpg

Ford, I love the frontside stage door. However, for vending how is that going to work if you park with your rear to the foot traffic. Won't you're stage door be in the next person's space if you are only buying a 10' wide space? (Or maybe I should read the thread to see if that's addressed - I see you can get away with purchasing about 18' of width rather then 30')

That's cool!

I'll neeed to buy 18 or 20 as most here sell in 10' increments. But I need the ventalation and I plan to put a couple of tables with chairs under the front awning and the stage door can hold the gas grill and a table. that's so I can vend burgers or dogs or whatever.

Some interior pics

Getting things done. Here's a couple of pics of the cooking compartment. I still haveto build the screen wall (this week) and get it in to HVAC for smoke stacks. Screen wall is interesting with the door wires but I think we have 2 design options and I need to make a decision today.
image_092.jpg

image_094.jpg

And here's on of the vending area with fridge, counters and steam table. Still need to build stand for the carlisles over the wheel wells and add a shelf. The other side is for the sinks and water heater and won't be finished until I see the plumber next week. It is a triple panel vending window But the third one is behind the fridge for ventalation only.
image_097.jpg

Awesome trailer and set up! My only question I have is if you serve out of the window, if so, do feel you will be able to pump out high volume out of there?

Should be able to average 1 customer per minute or less with 2 people. I can only cook so much food to sell in a day. 60 per hourX10 hours = 600 customers at 1 item each $5-10 = average about 4K. Some will take meals. I could take out the fridge and add a second vendor if I wasn't selling pop and water. It would only take 3 minutes to put the fridge on the stage door. Could setup another table. The real slowdown is preparing the meal. Hard to get 2 people working the steam table.

Numbers sound good, I try and always run two lines, crowd permitting, and we set up outside and cook out of the trailer. I just feel the work space is much easier on the outside. We run double lines (when possible) and can do about 80-90 customers an hour per line. Do you pre cook anything? What about a convention oven?

Once we have a trailer in MI we must serve out of it to get the yearly STFU license. If you don't have a trailer just a smoker you can still get the STFU and use EZUP's. Otherwise we need temp event licenses for each event. So 40 events a year = 4k+ in fees vs. a yearly fee of $140 (last year anyway). So I serve from the trailer.

I do precook but reheat in smoker. Suppose if things get better I could add a convection oven and roll it out to the stage gate.

Ford, I read you've nearly got this thing licensed - you got any updated pics of the inside? I'd love to see a close up of the water tank hook ups etc.

thanks

Back