Trophies

ique

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
What are some of your favorite competition BBQ trophies? If we get some good examples in this thread might be a good place for new contest organizers to get some ideas. Here are a couple of my favorites (from NY), Boston Hills GC, Empire State... what are yours?

Attachments

• photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 246
  • BostonHills.jpg
    BostonHills.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 245
IMG_1444.JPG

Eastern Carolina BBQ Throw Down - Rocky Mount, NC

never managed to win a unique trophy. Everything I have is bowling/karate style or a plaque. I love em all though.

Carved 7.5' gator, Felda FL:

feldagc1.jpg

Willie Nelson autographed guitar:

winter_haven_sauce.gif

Local artist crafted platter from Dillard GA:

grand.jpg

Little statue dude from Lynchburg TN:

1st_PORK.jpg

Cutting boards from Lawrenceburg TN:

tn.jpg

Local artist made platters from Dillard:

1trophies.jpg

This years NEBS TOY trophies were real nice. They were real glass and engraved. Not a great pic:
IMG_8515.jpg

The Troy Pig was awesome:
Picture047-3.jpg

You can't go wrong with a Harpoon tap handle:
Picture054-1.jpg

And my favorite:
IMG_3509.jpg

Here are a few of mine:

Attachments

• burnet twins 1.JPG
    burnet twins 1.JPG
    195.5 KB · Views: 196
  • trophy.jpg
    trophy.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 198
Reserve Grand Champions from Harpoon, sorry no pictures.

I've got a few really cool one's. I must say that the one's that I like the most are the custom or handmade trophies. the only "bowling" trophy I have out is my first GC... Otherwise, those get broken down and placed in a 45 gallon tub for storage...

The Boston Hills BBQ Fest Committee is honored to have a featured spot in your trophy case, Chris. Our GC and RGC trophies are custom made by wood working members of our committee. The fire helmets that adorn the towers are actual company issue helmets (chief for GC, captain for RGC). There will be another pair up for grabs again this year.

I need to get custom name plates for both you and BBQ Guru. They should be centered and placed directly above the plate that is alread on there. Yours will read:

Ique
Hopkinton, MA

Bob's will read:
The BBQ Guru
Westminster, PA

Last edited:
A magnum bottle of Ravenwood Zinfandel signed by the vintner that we won up in Whistler last year at the Canadian National BBQ Championships. We took first place in the Cork-N-Pork category by creating a BBQ sauce using their wine to pair with pulled pork. We still have to drink that puppy one of these days!

Last edited:
I didn't win it (Myron Mixon did) but there was one in East Tennessee a few years ago shaped like a Black Bear (Smoky Mtn BBQ theme). Looked neat enough to keep in the house. :p

Everybody's little Jack is always their favorite, isn't it? :cool:

Two others in our collection stand out.

Our first RGC, at Clovis, California -- GC and RGC received small bronze Remington replicas, identical to the two that stand in the town:

bigmanwithhorsie.jpg

Our first GC, at Modesto, California -- this belt is one of the awesomest things ever. It's huge, it's heavy, and there's only one other like it.

ss1.jpg

The one in the center of the top pic is probably my favorite. The belt is pretty cool too.

photo.php

Attachments

• DSCN0126.jpg
    DSCN0126.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCN0238.jpg
    DSCN0238.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Back