BBQ Brethren "Pizza" Throwdown

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Pizza!"[/size]
fweck.jpg

Fweck's winning entry from the 2009 Pizza Throwdown

...as chosen by Moose, the winner of the Tortilla Throwdown!

Here is how Moose portends this Throwdown...
Moose said:
Ok, you guys asked for it:

Next Category:

Pizza!

Notes: Your pizza must be cooked on some kind of outdoor wood, charcoal, gas, propane etc. powered grill, pizza oven, or smoker, with at least one picture showing the pizza in such grill or smoker while it is cooking.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from the Autumnal Equinox on Friday 9/23 through Sunday 10/2.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 10/2.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 10/3 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Saturday 10/8. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the In a Shell Throwdown until Sunday night 9/25 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Mini Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
I may or may not be cooking on Friday, and may or may not be able to make a double entry. It all depends on what the photo shows....I mean, looks like. You know how I hate those out of focus pictures!:becky:

More special rules...:tsk:

I do like the special rule that requires Moose to cook blindfolded though. :becky:

Those special rules that previously applied to me have been rescinded since I did not receive my bacon trophy. :heh:

Don't forget the BBQ Pit. :tsk:

I really think that's just a bit too excessive, don't you?

We really need to take into account the time factor, and I want EVERYONE to have enough time to make their own dough, cheese, sausage, etc, as well as enough time to make their own stones as well. :roll:

Well, that will work for me as I only need a stone that is approx. 2" in diameter...

IMAG0602.jpg

I was going to skip this one, but I bought some stuff to make my own pizza dough -- a first for me. This one could possibly cost me another trip to Home Depot. :doh:

CD

I hate that I have to skip this one too. What a perfect time to use my pizza cooker. Oh well, looking forward to see what everyone submits.

Back