• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

I have enough BBQ stuff

qnbiker

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I have bought and sold all kinds of BBQ stuff over the years. I have an app on my phone that notifies me when a deal pops up on craigslist, and a couple of month ago, I had an opportunity to buy an almost new Weber Performer in excellent shape for $100.

It was less than 5 miles from my house and mine was the first call. I told the guy I was on my way. As I was taking the back seats out of the van, I was thinking a mile a minute. Should I sell one of my current kettles or move one of the chairs off the deck to make room? That's when it hit me like a brick: I AM A BBQ EQUIPMENT JUNKIE! I didn't go.

My current inventory is all Weber: 2 22.5" kettles, an 18.5" WSM, a Smokey Joe, and a Genesis Silver C gasser. I have all the tools necessary. I have 200 lbs of K and 120 lbs of Stubbs in the garage. I even have a tamale pot so I can eventually make a Smoker Joe. There hasn't been anything I wanted to cook outdoors I couldn't cook because I didn't have the equipment.

I've decided to go on the wagon. There isn't a chapter of BBQ Anonymous in my area so I'll just have to tough it out. I'll still keep an eye out for that elusive 22.5 WSM for $50 or large BGE for $100; I'm not crazy.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to let all you junkies know it CAN be done. If money's no object, buy it all. If you're on a budget like me, remember: it's all about the Q, not the stuff.

I am a golfer, fisherman and sailor and I know all too well about addictions.

You are not alone my friend.

You do not have a problem.

You have the start of a nice collection.

Everyone has to believe in something, so I believe I will buy another Weber.

I have bought and sold all kinds of BBQ stuff over the years. I have an app on my phone that notifies me when a deal pops up on craigslist, and a couple of month ago, I had an opportunity to buy an almost new Weber Performer in excellent shape for $100.

Next time you see a deal like this, PM me please! :becky:

Same thing happened to me. I was the 1st caller on a weber performer for $25. It was the older SS and it had some issue with the ash pan.

I think about it at least once a day. I must be sick in the head.
Hang in there brother......It might go away someday.

I don't have a problem.
My wife buys all the stuff, I just use it to feed the family.
If Mommy is happy, then we are all happy....
So she can keep buying whatever she wants.

Another insane CL deal will bring you back. When it does let us know. Heck I think some of us GA folks could see how true to your word you are and take a few pics of our smokers and list them for really cheap :p.

. I have an app on my phone that notifies me when a deal pops up on craigslist.
Is this app for iPhone or Android? I have a DroidX but have not seen this app or probably the other several thousand. Where could I get this and/or what is it called? :becky:

Maybe instead of actually buying the CL stuff for your own use, you could buy it to rehabilitate it and turn it back out into the world for a few bux profit :)

I am a golfer, fisherman and sailor and I know all too well about addictions.

You are not alone my friend.

your like me. i go through addictions of different hobbies. they last anywhere from about a year to many years.

right now im playing hockey, softball, bowling and poker all once a week. throw in my bbq addiction... last year also played in a dart league, but something had to go.

no wonder why my fiance is mad at me!

Back