Balinese Chook & Pilau Rice (pr0n, not Q)

Looks good from here, Is it a curry tasting dish?
going to Bali in June for a wedding:thumb:

Aw thanks Moose!

Hi titch, I fail to grasp the correlation mate.
You aren't going to find it ion the tourist path, but no, it has nothing to do with curry.
Also, the dish has no history of preventing marriages!
It may have caused a bunch, however!!

Aw thanks Moose!

You aren't going to find it ion the tourist path, but no, it has nothing to do with curry.

The slurry at the start looks like many a Curry I have seen.
Cheers

The slurry at the start looks like many a Curry I have seen.
Cheers

Ah, my bad Titch....the correlation part wasn't about if it was a curry tasting dish but the connection to marriages!

Looks like it could be a curry, yes.
It tasted rich, subtle in spiciness, and the magic is juiciness and the gravy.
Tastes piquant, coconutie, and did I say rich?:thumb:

Listen Brethren Brothers...

That thar Bali Chook dish is the best damn chicken dish I think I've ever had.

There I was a few nights ago with 4 pounds of Chicken legs, looking for an inspirational recipe, and Buccs pops up and shows me a pic through the Viber app.

Well, I asked him to lead me through it step by step via viber. In real time it was the funniest cook I've ever done... mainly because I was getting really pissed and it was really late. But when it came time to eat... well, it was outstanding. So fragrant and YUMMY! And I'm sure I screwed it up a bit too, bit it didn't matter.

Bloody awesome.

Thanks Buccs!... And stop calling me a Plonker!

Cheers!

Bill

Man, I LOVE asian tastes & flavor combos, the spices, curries, coconut milk and sauces really hit it for me. I gotta learn to cook more of this stuff, no time like the present. Thanks for the inspiration Buccs:thumb:

I love the way you put things together Buccs! Lot's of techniques and flavor combinations that I would never imagine. Always an inspiration to see what you're putting together. Thanks for sharing.

Back