Smoker Trailer

L

lazybonesmoke1

I just picked up a Southern Pride 300 and want to put it on a trailer. What kind of trailer should I get? I am going to use it primarily out back at my restaurant, maybe some catering. Thanks, Deni

I would say to buy the highest quality (best made, sturdiest,etc.) trailer that you can find. With an investment like that SP 300 this is no time to skimp on safety, you damn sure don't want the trailer to come apart or break down at 65 mph on your way to a catering gig.

I would make sure you can lock it down securely. There have been a fair number of thefts of bbq trailers the past couple of years.

I would go to a trailer maker and see what he suggest. They could easily make you one for probably around the same price. If you have the coin go with aluminum

Deni are there any good welding shops near you?
Might be a great place to start.

Did you buy it new and if so where? Also put a boot on the tire so nobody else enjoys it if you know what I mean :thumb:

I bought the smoker yesterday and it is inside a friends shop right now. It is in great shape. I just need to find a trailer I can put it on. The smoker came from a closed up bbq joint that was around for about a year.

Back