View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 10:11 AM   #9
Lake Dogs
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Hance

Mind you, I'm all for anything that will get more consistency in scoring. As a cook the variance will drive you bonkers! That said, part of the beauty is the subjective nature of it. Meaning that one guy likes hot, another guy likes it salty, another likes it sweet, and another likes the sauce burned on there is part of what makes this fun. However, when those scores come back the cook doesnt know what to make of them. It's frustrating (as a cook). I've always been a fan of the check-box feedback form. If it was too salty for judge 5 and 6, I'd like to know it. That tells me that judges 1-4 like it salty and 5-6 dont. etc. For that matter, I'd actually like feedback from every judge every time. That may be way too time consuming and too much extra effort from organizers, etc. However, 7 or below would be nice.

I mean, part of the beauty is in finding out what people like and what NOT to change as much as to TO change/fix.

Also this should remedy the compete nonsense comment cards that are seen WAY too often. You know the ones; the ones that presume they know how you've cooked something and they're suggesting that you do it different, rather than stating the facts. I've seen plenty where the meat was tough, but rather than just say that, the judge would say "needs to cook longer", or "needs to foil". I know of plenty of meat that was foiled and actually was cooked TOO long so it was tough. Telling me to "cook longer" doesn't tell me what the problem was. The check-box approach will.
Was Lang 84DX, now Bubba Grills 250R and many Weber grills
Lake Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->