Dec 9 & 10 Whole Hog Cook

4dueces

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
We cooked a whole hog 180-200 lbs for the Iron Workers Local supper, served 150-200 people as we're trying to get our name out for future catering sevices. As you can see, snow on the ground (what we didn't melt) with temps in the lower 20's over night and mid 30's on Friday. We cooked the hog for 18 hrs with the cooker temps running from 225 to 300, skin was left on the pig. You'll see in some of the pics Chef Jon injecting the pig with juices from the chest cavity that consisted of seasonings and spices, Wild Turkey, Capt Morgan, and beer. The pig turned out really well and seemed to disappear rather quickly when dinner was served.
IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

Thanks for lookin..........

Nice work on a cold day. I think I would have been injecting some of that Wild Turkey, Capt. Morgan and beer into myself too!

I THINK it looks like a great cook...:becky: What happened to your focus button Fitz? Seriously though, I'll have mine with slaw on the side please.

I THINK it looks like a great cook...:becky: What happened to your focus button Fitz? Seriously though, I'll have mine with slaw on the side please.

Guerry, I dropped the camera a while back, hasn't been right since. Maybe Santa's helper will bring me a new one. Dang, just ran out of slaw, the Iron workers ate it all...........

Back