• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Dover

YankeeBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
On the KCBS website it lists $5000 as the Dover prize money. The Dover website says $15000. Does anyone know which number is correct ?

when is it? Will they be NEBS judges? lol

I thought Dan was telling me it was good money? So my guess is $15k? Or he was just trying to get me out there as more field filler...

sorry for you guys, I have a contest here in the midwest. So I won't be able to be field filler for you boys. But the year I don't make the Jack, I'll be there!!!

"$15,000.00 in prize money will be awarded! Amount may vary based on attendance."

I have a contest here in the midwest.
Lambs Farm? I want to eventually come do that one....but, now that Ohio has a good one going that weekend too....ugh.....

Yeah, I only have to drive 45 minutes to get my butt kicked... SO it would be hard to pass one up that close. But eventually, I have to get to Delaware!!!

On the KCBS website it lists $5000 as the Dover prize money. The Dover website says $15000. Does anyone know which number is correct ?

50+ teams. A win here would be huge for your TOY run... you're not going to let 10 grand get in the way of that are you?

It is a good contest. Great cook sites, water, sewer, 20, 30, or 50 amp service. Called and checked a few month or so ago and was told 5K for under 50, 10K for under 75, and 15K for over 75. Have to wait and see how many teams make it but 80 plus is not unusal... As Chris said they were up to 50.

Only complaint is the judging area. It has been in a shelter with no sides and it has been windy and cold the last few years. Rumor is they are finally going to do something this year. It stinks to put in the effort and see the judges sitting a cold area and know your food is getting colder and colder...Historically speaking the wind can be crazy. A couple of years back a 40 yard dumpster was full of broken pop-up and porable garage frames.

However, it is an automatic and we will be there hoping lightening strikes :lol: Hope you decide to come on down:p

Only complaint is the judging area. It has been in a shelter with no sides and it has been windy and cold the last few years.

Yeah and the Tornadoes that roll through the area from time to time.

Cooking on the infield of a Nascar track is fun. Scottie, if you still need a DE contest get it on your schedule for next year.

Wish I had a few days of vacation left....

Muzzlebrake.... we want to venture to dover??:twisted:

Yeah and the Tornadoes that roll through the area from time to time.

Cooking on the infield of a Nascar track is fun. Scottie, if you still need a DE contest get it on your schedule for next year.

It was crazy...lifted 6 guys smallest 170lb trying to hold a portable garage that was ratched down to water filled 5 gal buckets! Feelt ral sorry for those inside particpating on the machines when they came out and went WTF!

Wish I had a few days of vacation left....

Muzzlebrake.... we want to venture to dover??:twisted:

Make a plan for next year, it is worth the trip. I promise to have several tasty beverages:wink:

Dover is a great event. Wind can be brutal. Tornado destroyed my site one year. Josh and I tried to hold our shelters and wind moved us around- we are not petite. We almost bagged it but Bob from BBQ Guru came over and helped to get us restarted. The spaces are huge. No problems with the free ice. The last 2 years have brought 80 plus teams. We are not doing it this year. Expecting a grand child son and need to get ready to move

Scottie- You have it all wrong. I just need more beefs. You can just drive those down and head back if you like :p

The TLC show BBQ Pitmasters will be there.
Our own Brethren Notley Que will be cooking there.
He has been helping out Harry from Slap Your Daddy and he is going to go up against him in this one.

Dover is a great venue. Just bring plenty of tie downs for canopies. We lost 2 of them 2 years ago. They're up to 67 as of today. They expect at least 80.

Last edited:
KCBS only lists the prize money for the KCBS portion of the competition. Balance of the prize money is probably for other contests within the BBQ

Back