New Comp in Grafton Wisconsin

Stoke&Smoke

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I was privileged to meet Kris Raymond, of the Grafton Blues Association over the weekend. For those not familiar, for the past several years, she and her group have held the Grafton Paramount Blues Festival, celebrating the blues roots of the Paramount Record company, who between 1929 and 1932 recorded many of that eras best blues musicians, including Son House, Louise Johnson, and Henry Townsend.

We got to talking about barbeque, and she mentioned that, for some time, she thought a barbeque competition would be a natural pairing with their blues fest, but didn't know how to make it happen. I told her that, given the downturn in the economy, several Wisconsin events had been cancelled this year, and that I think her willingness to host one might be appreciated greatly!

So, with that said, is there anyone who might be able to help her along with what she needs to do to achieve sanctioning? I spoke with her at some length about what teams hope to see in a comp, and she seemed very receptive to providing a cook freindly environment. So some assistance from the Brethren would be greatly appreciated!

She can be reached at graftonblues@wi.rr.com , or you can just contact me and I can pass the info along.

She's also looking for bbq vendors (ya hear me Billy?) Grafton is just a bit north of Milwaukee, on state road 60, just west of US-43

They have some flexibility with their events date, which I explained should not cooincide with any other nearby comps.

Thanks, in advance, for any assistance anyone can provide. I've put them in touch with KCBS as well.

Dann

That sounds great. The North Star Blues and BBQ Festival is going on today and tomorrow in Windsor, just outside of Madison. It's a KCBS sanctioned contest. I'll be heading out there later, if it doesn't pour. Tomorrow is also The Great Taste of the Midwest Beer Fest in Madison, so I won't be around for the judging.

I've put them in touch with Marsha from the Racine contest, and she's agreed to help with whatever info she can provide

I passed on the email addy to Anita who is helping Westfield get going.Sure would like to see something earlier in the season.

Its a beoch gettin old and the memory slips - P.S. - you don't need to push me in front of a tractor if you sit there long enough one will hit you.

Back