Pellets & Stumps

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Any Stumps (or Stumps style) cookers ever used pellets instead of lump or charcoal? I'd assume a Stoker or Guru would be required to manage the air.

Ive heard of people putting pellets in the tray at the bottom but not all pellets.

Thats a heck of a cooker!

I second that! He's gotta be proud of that cooker. But then again from the looks of the other pits in in his driveway he knows what he's doing!

Is the convection fan and pellet auger he has fabricated something that Stumps has in some of their cookers? Are the pellets for smoke only or a heat source? Very nice!!

Brian

I would imagine if you were going to stick with a gravity feed approach, you would have to use smaller gauge expanded metal at the bottom to make it fly... We did a gravity feed pellet system on a Kingfisher Backyard Bonanza.

All the new Elite series Stumps that are being made now have the same GF lump chute / firebox as before with two big differences: 1)- they are detachable. 2)- the space between the chute and the cooking chamber is insulated just like the rest of the cooker. Sooooooo, I wouldn't be surprised if another option for firing these babies comes along later.

Yeah I'm impressed, nice fabrication. I'd like to see it in action. I foresee one possible problem in the heating of the auger tube, time and testing will tell.

Back