• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Burgers and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers

K

Koopdaddy

Tonight I made burgers and quinoa stuffed bell peppers.

For the burger I just mixed in some diced onion, worchestershire, egg, garlic powder, salt and pepper and a little candian steak spice blend.

abfc7676.jpg

I sauted onion, garlic, celery and added canned corn, tomato and black beans and mixed it with the quinoa. I added a little fennel seed, cumin and salt and pepper to taste.

dc70341b.jpg

I lopped off the top of the peppers, removed the seeds and inside and stuck them on the grill for a few minutes to char a little. I then stuck them in the oven to soften up some more while I prepared the quinoa and veggies.

ae88b7ae.jpg

I then stuffed the mixture into the peppers and out their "HATs" back on and let them back for about a half hour. I sprinkled a little mixed shredded cheese on top of my serving.

28e0923c.jpg

I sauteed some mushrooms in raspberry chipotle sauce and served those on top of the burger.

9486e933.jpg

It turned out pretty tasty.

Enjoy!

72280673.jpg

99140b7f.jpg

e27d88ea.jpg

Now, that's a great recipe and, it's gluten free!

Damn that burger meat looks good. I'm going to have to steal your recipe. That Canadian spice blend, is the same as Montreal seasoning?

Those peppers look great! I love quinoa. One thing that I do is always cook it in chicken stock or broth; it gives it a much better taste. Thanks for the idea I will have to try that.

Nice. With the quinoa, those peppers are a meal in themselves. We use quinoa in a lot of our dishes. We especially like the red quinoa; it has a slightly nuttier flavor.

Those peppers look great! I love quinoa. One thing that I do is always cook it in chicken stock or broth; it gives it a much better taste. Thanks for the idea I will have to try that.

Ya we found that it has a really good flavor when cooked in chicken broth. Usually we just throw some dried cranberries and almonds in with it and it tastes pretty good. This time I wanted to try something different and it was very good with the veggies.

Back