Alma, MO - June 30

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
There's a small non-KCBS contest this weekend in Alma, MO. $30 entry - Brisket, chicken, beans, and ribs. Also a bratwurst open (brats provided) for $10. Ribbons for 2-5 and plaques for first place and grand champion. Grand pays $300. Last three years we've only had 5 teams show up.

Check in is at about 6am Saturday morning. If anyone is interested post up with questions.

Just north of Concordia?

That's it.

I think the first turn in is like 1:30p or 2pm. So you have time to cook a brisket flat or a small whole brisket. A couple of us are all set up with fires going by the time the organizers show up in the morning between 5am and 6am.

They follow KCBS rules, judging, scoring and all process.

The bratwurst is an open category so anything goes. Buns, garnish, whatever.

I see it's non-KCBS but do people do turn ins like KCBS? Garnish optional? Whole chickens or pieces? 6:00 Saturday am to check in ... what time is the first turn in?

I see it's non-KCBS but do people do turn ins like KCBS? Garnish optional? Whole chickens or pieces? 6:00 Saturday am to check in ... what time is the first turn in?

Sorry, I edited my last post and added all of that before I saw your post here. Brats has open garnish and must use the clam shell, but everything else is just like every other KCBS comp.

There's a small non-KCBS contest this weekend in Alma, MO. $30 entry - Brisket, chicken, beans, and ribs. Also a bratwurst open (brats provided) for $10. Ribbons for 2-5 and plaques for first place and grand champion. Grand pays $300. Last three years we've only had 5 teams show up.

Check in is at about 6am Saturday morning. If anyone is interested post up with questions.

Wanted to do this just to be able to cook with you guys, although the last time we cooked a contest that we were both at it rained and then rained again, but Mark has to help Lutz's with a huge catering job so we will not be able to make it...Our next one is going to be at Warrensburg...I am sure we will see you there:razz:

Wanted to do this just to be able to cook with you guys, although the last time we cooked a contest that we were both at it rained and then rained again, but Mark has to help Lutz's with a huge catering job so we will not be able to make it...Our next one is going to be at Warrensburg...I am sure we will see you there:razz:

See you there!!! A bunch of teams are having a dinner Friday night. Probably at Boys of BBQ and Patty. Bring a dish and join the fun.

I'll be at Cameron this weekend, or I would come out and cook!

Same here, Todd. Sounds like fun in Alma but the folks up at Cameron are currently holding some of our ribbons so we gotta go up there and trade 'em some BBQ to pick 'em up! :wink: :lol:

Back