• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Noob sink question

Uncle JJ

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
For those who don't have a high-end trailer, what do you do for a sink at comps? I'm wondering if you could rig a commercial stainless sink somehow. Maybe hook it to a hose and have a tub to collect waste water?

Just curious. Thanks!

We found a utility/laundry sink like this one on craigslist for $25 and put a 5 gallon bucket underneath it. Worked great. I have a camper now and the sink inside is small. I loved that big utility sink.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Swanstone-MF-1F-010-Veritek-Standing-Laundry/dp/B0011706IW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1374861375&sr=8-3&keywords=utility+sink"]Amazon.com: Swanstone MF-1F.010 Veritek Floor Standing Single Bowl Laundry Tub: Home Improvement[/ame]

Scroll to the bottom of this page and use the Google search tool for the keyword "sink".
You'll find a ton of threads with pictures already posted on this topic.

We found a utility/laundry sink like this one on craigslist for $25 and put a 5 gallon bucket underneath it. Worked great. I have a camper now and the sink inside is small. I loved that big utility sink.
]

Does a hose just hook right up to a utility sink like that or did you have to do some mods?

Does a hose just hook right up to a utility sink like that or did you have to do some mods?

Depends on how fancy you want to get...If you all you have is a cold water connection you'd just need to get whatever adapter goes from a hose to a sink inlet, and hook it up to the cold water side of the faucet. I think a washer house will hook directly up to the sink, and then you hook your hose up to the washer hose.

For those who don't have a high-end trailer, what do you do for a sink at comps? I'm wondering if you could rig a commercial stainless sink somehow. Maybe hook it to a hose and have a tub to collect waste water?

Just curious. Thanks!

Before my first comp I spent some time googling and figuring out how to do my sink setup, then I realized, this is such a minor thing to worry about, we are talking about a few utensils!

Here was my gameplan for my first comp:
--3 bus basins from sams club.
--disposable cutting boards, no washing! Pair this with a stack of kwikcovers for the table and you always have a nice clean work area.
--three burner camp stove. I use that to heat water.
--extra tongs, knives, and other utensils and pots so I could wash less frequently.
--disposable pans

I actually calculated the amount of different things I would need to use a pot for and brought that many pots, so I didn't have to scrub a pot until after turn-ins.

Also, water, I brought 3 of those big water cooler bottles full of water to the comp with me. Saved me lots of trips to the water station.

Don't go crazy or spend a bunch of money on a wash setup. I did this, plus an extra tub for hand washing and a big bottle of hand sanitizer from sams and I was good to go.

Before my first comp I spent some time googling and figuring out how to do my sink setup, then I realized, this is such a minor thing to worry about, we are talking about a few utensils!

Here was my gameplan for my first comp:
--3 bus basins from sams club.
--disposable cutting boards, no washing! Pair this with a stack of kwikcovers for the table and you always have a nice clean work area.
--three burner camp stove. I use that to heat water.
--extra tongs, knives, and other utensils and pots so I could wash less frequently.
--disposable pans

I actually calculated the amount of different things I would need to use a pot for and brought that many pots, so I didn't have to scrub a pot until after turn-ins.

Also, water, I brought 3 of those big water cooler bottles full of water to the comp with me. Saved me lots of trips to the water station.

Don't go crazy or spend a bunch of money on a wash setup. I did this, plus an extra tub for hand washing and a big bottle of hand sanitizer from sams and I was good to go.

+ 1 on Disposable Cutting Boards....yah, I may be a little biased :grin:

+ 1 on Disposable Cutting Boards....yah, I may be a little biased :grin:

I have been using the thicker ones, not your roll. Cool idea. If you want to send me a roll for a review and writeup on my site I'd be happy to help ya get the word out. This is a great idea for the tailgate segment, one less thing of the wife's to use and mess up and lug back from the game.

Back