How many do you try to do ....

Texana

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Just a curiousity question more than anything ...

How many competitions do each of you try to do in a year??

I myself do approx 20 plus competitions. Wish I could do more but between work, family and budget constraints .... well we all have those issues now dont we ....

Looking forward to seeing the responses ....

10 are about as many as I can ever get in. (if that many)
I work away from home so I'm already gone all week. Hard to justify being gone many more weekends than that.

And there is always that "money thing".

We have to do some significant traveling to get to most comps so 8 to 10 is about all we can take...

Single funding source here (me). This year sadly down to just 2 or 3. Previous years
has been as many as 14. I'd like to do 6; that number works well for us. It'll be a
few years before we're back to that number.

Self funded here also. We try to do about 8 - 10 per year and it works for us.

We did 26 last year. I don't know if there will be that many this year.
I look at blocks of blank weekends and start to get the jitters.

That's about how many I have done the last 3 years. I've got 15 on my schedule for this year. Looking at the open weekends makes me happy. Sucks around 3:00 pm while waiting for results. But honestly, I am enjoying these naps that I get on Saturday afternoon.... :thumb:

We keep increasing, this year we have 14 or 15 on the schedule but two of those are comps with an Invitational as well. Our first year we did 5, then 6 and 9 last year.

looks like 7 this year which will be the most so far, still kinda new at this (started in 2007) I would love to do more, but money doesnt grow on trees..and neither does meat..

8 our first year, 15 last year and we're hoping to do 20 this year if my work schedule permits.

We did 1 each in 08 and 09, our first ones. This year we stepped it up to 5. But this is only a hobby for us and about all we can afford. Maybe we'll step up to a couple more next year if the wives and kids are still into it :rolleyes: So far, we're having a blast. Even with the sleep deprivation.

we started last year in August and did 2 KCBS and 1 NC Pork Council event. We are shooting for 6 KCBS this yr and 1 NCPC. I have secured outside sponsorship for 3, will fund 2 personally and 2 sponsored by my business. 3 will be with my family and the others with the team of guys from my day job. This is a hobby for us as well.

I would like to do 20 this year...likely end up at 16-17 unless we get on a roll

Around 12 is the ideal number for us, or one contest every three weeks during our long contest season in the South. More than that really taxes our physical and financial resources. If we do fewer than 8 we run the risk of losing our edge after too much time off.

Of course the challenge is that the schedule is not evenly spaced out over the season so we invariably end up doing a couple back-to-back or even back-to-back-to-back stretches. Those are tough to do without affecting your ability to make a living.

We did 3 the first year 4 the second and think maybe 8-10 this year.Thats if the Fat Guy ever finishes the trailer.

Did about 25 in '07, 30 in '08, 34 in '09. I think I have maxed out, and will try to cut it down a little for 2010.

Back