SAMs BGE

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Saw this at SAM'S earlier looked nice. Put together well too. Solid.
Sign says "last one". Not any more as a man asked me if I was buying, told him no, he wheeled it toward the checkout. I'm a "made in USA" guy but looked like a good buy for someone not in to that.

Last edited:
I thought there was some sort of warranty issue with Eggs from Sam's. Something like Sam's is not an "authorized dealer". I'd call the home office and inquire about this.

Unless something has changed, BGE's purchased online are not covered under warranty either.

Not an issue to me. Primo XL is my Kamado of choice. I've got a BGE mini via Craigslist.

I had to get to the butcher for a whole tenderloin cut 1.75" per and ten 1.5" well marbled rib eyes.

I find it interesting they won't warranty their product if sold by a particular club. Did the club 'fake' the product? It's your product, if you don't want it at Sam's don't allow it to be there. So what, they are dumping excess product at Sam's but refusing to warranty it? Seems shady. And I know all the egg-heads love their eggs, but when was the last time Weber asked someone, hey where'd ya buy that weber?

I find it interesting they won't warranty their product if sold by a particular club. Did the club 'fake' the product? It's your product, if you don't want it at Sam's don't allow it to be there. So what, they are dumping excess product at Sam's but refusing to warranty it? Seems shady. And I know all the egg-heads love their eggs, but when was the last time Weber asked someone, hey where'd ya buy that weber?

I agree whole heartedly. BGE considers anything bought from other venues as a "used" product regardless if it has ever had a fire built in it or not. Pretty silly if you ask me. They can't stand it that they can't control what the discount clubs, etc charge for the product. For me, I just don't spend my money with companies such as this, no matter how great their products are. But that is just me.

Blessings,
Omar

I bought my large BGE at SAMS on clearance for $350 in April, no problems

350$

Warranty or no warranty I would have been a BGE buyer at 350$. That's incredible.
Everybody in my family (and several friends) own BGE. They are awesome cookers-and beautiful too. Souther Living magazine cover beautiful.

I love lifting the lid on my Primo XL and pointing out those lovely words "made in USA."

I bought my large BGE at SAMS on clearance for $350 in April, no problems

Just a tip, if your firebowl (or some other component) does fail, buy the replacement item from a BGE dealer and save the paperwork. This way if the same component fails again you will get a free replacement. I think firebowls are the most common item to crack, but it's rare. I use my Eggs a lot and have only had to replace one firebowl in 10 years.

I agree whole heartedly. BGE considers anything bought from other venues as a "used" product regardless if it has ever had a fire built in it or not. Pretty silly if you ask me. They can't stand it that they can't control what the discount clubs, etc charge for the product. For me, I just don't spend my money with companies such as this, no matter how great their products are. But that is just me.

Blessings,
Omar

I've asked BGE reps and BGE distributors the same questions at Eggfests.... the answer was something like '... authorized dealers have more control of our products than other retailers could ever have'. It's an unusual policy, especially after the corporate make-over at BGE a couple of years ago. That said, i swear by my Eggs and recommend ceramic cookers to a lot of folks.

I guess my question would be, how would a consumer know who is an authorized dealer or not? Yes I know it can be looked up but if a person is at a store and there is a brand new BGE there and the common consumer wants it, they are not going to wonder if this store is an authorized dealer or not.

Closest Sams to me is 2 1/2 hours away, so I dont know if they have any or not, but close to me is several Ace Hardware, they are a chain so are they not an authorized dealer, every one I have been to sells BGE's..There is also a farm supply chain called Bomgaars, they sell Eggs and replacement parts are they an authorized dealer, there is a grilling store selling Eggs at the Clay county fair, being a grilling store I would assume they are an authorized dealer however they are not being sold at a store but at the fair. Then there is TrueValue hardware stores(chain)some selling them, some dont.

My point is how as a general consumer would a person know if authorized or not and if BGE knows all theses places including Sams are selling their product and they dont stand by the warranty, to me that is very poor business and could ruin the good name BGE has worked for and coule EASILY result in a lawsuit.

Back