View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 12:08 AM   #20
BBQ Grail
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
I know a few food bloggers and this is a huge problem for them. Anyone that shoots good photos should beware. In this case, the person that posted them came forward, but, I have a friend that has been chasing a person for over a year, has gotten ZERO help from the guys ISP and is finding his images used and sold for other peoples profits. It is a bummer as many of you guys post great photo's, I enjoy the pron here, Rick's efforts are pretty fine stock work if you ask me.
Yes, people pirating other people's work has been a problem as long as their has been publishing. Thousands of years...

In this case it wasn't pirating. It was a misguided attempt to do a good thing. I've always found it to be a good policy to look at someone's "intent" before I got offended at something. From what's been presented here it doesn't look like malicious intent or someone wanting to steal someone else's work. Just someone trying to do something nice.

Soon to be a Texafornian.

For a limited time I will be issuing Moink Ball Certificates. I'm working on a special COVID 19 Verson.
Email me for details.