Eggware Chimney Cap

cirk

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Just ordered mine can't wait to install it!!!!

428051_476093172461605_1051841362_n.png

Last edited:
If you use the coupon code "DAD" before fathers day you get 15% off. Pretty much makes it free shipping.

I bought one of these a little while ago and really like it. It used to bug me no end that I had to switch back and forth between the ceramic cap and the daisy wheel, and that i had to constantly worry about the ceramic cap falling off and breaking or the daisy wheel swinging around when I opened the lid (even with the screw set facing the front). With the eggware steel cap, it won't fall off, and 1 product serves as temp adjuster, rain cap, and shutdown damper.

I have used mine a few times and think it works pretty well.

I played with one of these at an EggFest in Manassas VA last weekend (DizzyFest btw). It's really well done. Not flimsy and feels solid.

Best part: it also fits a Primo XL! :biggrin1:

Going to have mine by next weekend.

I love the use of the word "install". "Installing" your new damper ought to get you out of at least a half days worth of honey-do's

I bought one of these a little while ago and really like it. It used to bug me no end that I had to switch back and forth between the ceramic cap and the daisy wheel, and that i had to constantly worry about the ceramic cap falling off and breaking or the daisy wheel swinging around when I opened the lid (even with the screw set facing the front). With the eggware steel cap, it won't fall off, and 1 product serves as temp adjuster, rain cap, and shutdown damper.

I have used mine a few times and think it works pretty well.

I have a 3 year old boy and every time I set the ceramic cap down he grabs it and runs! So this is why I spent the extra money LOL

Do y'all think it would fit the kamado joe?

From their website

Our Stainless Steel fully adjustable Vented Caps are the perfect replacement or upgrade for your Big Green Egg®. Our vented Caps will fit the medium, large and extra-large Big Green Egg® (Medium, Large XL), the Kamado Joe® Grills (Big Joe and Classic) as well as the Primo® Grills (Oval Junior and Oval XL)

www.eggware.net

Last edited by a moderator:
you think they would fit a primo xl?

From their website

Our Stainless Steel fully adjustable Vented Caps are the perfect replacement or upgrade for your Big Green Egg®. Our vented Caps will fit the medium, large and extra-large Big Green Egg® (Medium, Large XL), the Kamado Joe® Grills (Big Joe and Classic) as well as the Primo® Grills (Oval Junior and Oval XL)

Nice I've been thinking about getting this one. Right now, using a metal mesh box covered with tin foil whenever it rains.

Does anyone know if this will fit a vintage Imperial Kamado #3? Are all the old Camado exhaust holes the same size?

I am sure it cant be that easy (there is never a 'standard' size to anything)!!

Does anyone know if this will fit a vintage Imperial Kamado #3? Are all the old Camado exhaust holes the same size?

I am sure it cant be that easy (there is never a 'standard' size to anything)!!

The outside measurement of the egg exhaust is 5 1/4

Back