Minion Method

Yep. The charcoal that is burning preheats the charcoal that is next to the fire so when it starts up it burns cleanly.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I have a related question which seems appropriate here.
I sometimes get continuous white smoke from the briquettes (K-blue) using the Minion method. Am I doing something wrong or is it the briquettes?

What works for me on the kettle for low and slow is to light almost the entire chimney and then choke it down to desired temp.

Thanks!

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I have a related question which seems appropriate here.
I sometimes get continuous white smoke from the briquettes (K-blue) using the Minion method. Am I doing something wrong or is it the briquettes?

What works for me on the kettle for low and slow is to light almost the entire chimney and then choke it down to desired temp.

Thanks!

not getting enough air?

Sometimes the lack of air will bellow out white smoke. Also there has been times where i had to wait bout 30 or so minutes once i added the lit to the unlit before it cleared and was a clean fire. You gotts to let it heat up and preheat the other coals.

Yep. The charcoal that is burning preheats the charcoal that is next to the fire so when it starts up it burns cleanly.

sooooo thats how it works! i have often wondered why it burns clean.

thanks

not getting enough air?

Sometimes the lack of air will bellow out white smoke. Also there has been times where i had to wait bout 30 or so minutes once i added the lit to the unlit before it cleared and was a clean fire. You gotts to let it heat up and preheat the other coals.
Perfect. Good to hear this is normal. Thanks! :)

Back