WSM Build Day

FamilyManBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Spent some quality time with the kids the other day...putting together the newest weapons in the Daddy and Me BBQ arsenal (and cooking some ribs). Check it out...

001.jpg

22.5" WSM, 18.5" WSM, tamale steamer for new "Smoker Joe", replacement center section for 22.5"

004.jpg

Max found this all to be VERY entertaining!! :-D

006.jpg

22.5" box damaged during shipment. The center section was gouged/dented by whatever pierced the box. Weber happily sent a replacement!! :-D

010.jpg

Decided to fire up the "old" 22.5 to make some ribs. Here's Katie filling it up with Stubb's...

013.jpg

...and Max...
015.jpg

...taking some out!! Little guy has an arm!! :becky:

007.jpg

Almost let Max start the fire.....almost. :wink:

018.jpg

With ribs on, it was back to the builds. Katie at work!!

022.jpg

029.jpg

Katie learned about screwdrivers, wrenches and how to ignore the instructions!! :becky:

030.jpg

Got to smell these while we worked...and eat them after we had finished!!

031.jpg

The finished WSM's. Katie does good work!! Will build the Smoker Joe (our second) another day.

025.jpg

Check out the door openings. The one on the left came with the 22.5. The one on the right is the replacement. I know there have been a couple of threads already...interesting.

028.jpg

The other kids built Max a new home out the WSM boxes!

Thanks for checking out our fun!! Can't wait for our first comp of the year!!

Daddy & Me will be a force to be reckoned with!

Bring some of those toys to Ty's place this weekend!

Daddy & Me will be a force to be reckoned with!

Bring some of those toys to Ty's place this weekend!

I wish I could...have to work the whole weekend! :sad:

Did I see that you will be judging in Monroe? We're very much looking forward to using our new toys!! Should be a great time.

Those pics were great! It also put a huge smile on my face. I received two WSM 22's over a month ago and both of them had the oval top doors. One of them I received was missing the thermo. After I put it together, I looked at it and realized something wasn't quite right with... immediately call Weber and i had one a couple days later; while on the phone with them I also mentioned that my OTG (which is a few years old) was missing one of the wheel caps and they threw those in the box with the thermo. You can't beat thier customer service. It looks like you have alot of weapons for some tasty grub.

Sweet! Being a dad is the hardest but most rewarding job there is. My guess is that you are very good at it. Good luck at the comp.s

Don't neglect the WGA!!!
If you do please send the unit this way!:becky:
Nice arsenal Bro!
Watching these pics started my day good!:cool:

Thanks Phubar! We've used our "Smoker Joe" to cook the sausage entry for some one day comps around here...I've been thinking of maybe trying to use the WGA this year!! :becky:

Fantastic! Big smile here :thumb:
Good grub & family - that's where it's at!

Back